PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Dwayne Allen released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the Colts didn't try to bring him back. Allen and Luck were solid together.

In his 3 healthy Indy seasons, he had 35 rec + 6 TD, 29 rec, 8 TD. And 45 rec and 3 TD.

Some people here still act as if there's a $50m salary cap. It's gone up a few bucks, recently (more than a 50% increase just since 2011, when it was $120m). The cap is now set at $188.2m for next season. So people talking down Allen about $3.5m need to take that into account.

Some people here still act as if there's a $50m salary cap. It's gone up a few bucks, recently (more than a 50% increase just since 2011, when it was $120m). The cap is now set at $188.2m for next season. So people talking down Allen about $3.5m need to take that into account.

did some quick math, at 188M cap, divided by 53 players equals 3.5M, so that's the salary for each player if they all made the exact same, which i guess means that at 3.5M it would mean that Allen was your 26th best player on the team.

Do we think he's better than the 26th player on team, or worse than it?

Any interest in Darren Fells now that he's a free agent?

Darren Fells - Wikipedia

In what is becoming a job requirement for the Patriots, his brother played for the team in 2012.

2018 patriots cap

Hogan had the 15th highest cap at $3.5M.
Allen had the 10th highest cap at $3.88M.

did some quick math, at 188M cap, divided by 53 players equals 3.5M, so that's the salary for each player if they all made the exact same, which i guess means that at 3.5M it would mean that Allen was your 26th best player on the team.

Do we think he's better than the 26th player on team, or worse than it?

Any interest in Darren Fells now that he's a free agent?

Darren Fells - Wikipedia

In what is becoming a job requirement for the Patriots, his brother played for the team in 2012.

giphy.gif

I think people get it, and are a lot more savvy about how the cap dollars are spent. Allen was ok, but he wasnt worth the money his contract called for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes