PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tannenbaum Posits Hoyer as a Solution for Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady wanted Hoyer here do we really piss Tom off by making Stidham number 2 I dunno.
Also Hoyer was the architect of our defensive masterpiece in the superbowl and got Flores a head coaching job.
Now he more than likely would of earned one without it but that cemented it.
I highly doubt BB consulted with Tom on acquiring Hoyer once Jimmy was traded.

I don't think BB is concerned in the slightest about pissing off Tom if he traded his stable pony.

Hoyer had nothing to do with gamplanning vs the Lambs. He functions as a scout team QB. Thats it.

LOL to the people that say Stidham is ready to be an emergency
starting NFL QB after (1) preseason game...

This discussion *may* be worth having next year.

Thanks, and i do need the salts (by the way they really work) i thought he worked for the eagles org.
You'll need to pry smelling salts from Adam Gase's cold, dead hands.

How can either of you know?

This is where in BB you Trust. Stidham could be s starting QB in the making or the next Ryan Mallet.

Have we seen enough to know?
I would like a QB to at least have one year in our system. It is complicated and we are only using vanilla plays right now in these pre season games.

That being said Ryan Mallet is a bad analogy. He was dumb as a box of rocks with no athleticism. He was flat out horrible. I thought Stidham played well and looked good. He has athleticism when the play breaks down.

Stidham has a chance to be a real good player from what we have seen early but he has a long way to go. Keep 3 QB’s this year.

Hoyer still provides significant value for us. Even if they gave up a 5th rounder or something, would it really be worth it? Not in my opinion.
Agreed. From what I've read Hoyer's work on the team would have to be replaced by both a backup QB and another coaching assistant or two. Besides, Stidham didn't exactly impress me in his first time out there.

Kind of funny, seems like Hoyer has gone from the trash thrown in with the Jimmy G trade, to a vital cog in the organization.
that's what an almost obsessive level of hard work in the film room will do to a guy who's almost good enough.

Are you sure?
Yes. Offering observations and suggestions to the coaching staff does not constitute developing a defensive strategy or a game plan.

It's true that Hoyer's a proven mediocre but field-able backup QB... if Brady gets hurt, I am okay with a down year, but that could be with either of the above. I know it's a little heretical to think "consider the season a crapshoot," given what happened w/Cassel. I actually think Stidham will be another Cassel if called upon, b/c I dont think Cassel is an 11-win QB. I think they managed the QB to manage the game, and Stidham has that level of upside (after perhaps a rocky start) in S1 of his career.

Hoyer's ready out of the box, I know... but unless he's our very own Foles story, he just isn't going to get much better. We might not have spots for both of them in a month for all we know.

Meh. Last thing I want to do sat. morning is solve what ails the iggles.

Cassell wasn't a fluke. Remember, he went to the Chiefs and managed a 10 win season before the injury bug hit him. Cassell wasn't a bad quarterback, he was a decent quarterback who finally got a chance, had 2 good seasons out of 3, then got hurt.

Cassell wasn't a fluke. Remember, he went to the Chiefs and managed a 10 win season before the injury bug hit him. Cassell wasn't a bad quarterback, he was a decent quarterback who finally got a chance, had 2 good seasons out of 3, then got hurt.
Pro Bowler, year 1.

TU Philly

Michael J Fox should have come back from the future in Patriots gear saying "throw out Biff's almanac, the Patriots win everything"
Better than F U Philly........
hello-again-everyone-this-is-howard-cosell-im-looking-into-the-27359715.png

Hoyer looked sharp against DET. I think he's feeling the heat. No ESPN job waiting for him like the Sancheese.

Everyone knows BB wants to show the league he can do it with someone other than Brady, who is on a one year deal and who just put his mansion onto the market. Makes me think Stidham will get every benefit of the doubt.

So, forget draft picks, does Philly have an actual NFL ready player or hot prospect we could get for Hoyer? It looks to be a seller's market.

Assuming Stidham continues to get better:
Dallas Goedert TE [(calf), expected to miss the rest of training camp and the preseason - per NJ.Com]. We'd probably need to give them more than just Hoyer.

Stidham has been my binkie from this time last year. One of those very rare times that BB actually drafted someone that I wanted him to, so I am prejudiced to say the least.

Trading Hoyer saves us 3 mill in cap room, if we can get the fifth back from Philly (bennett) and let them keep the 7th, I will be thrilled! Let Stidham play this week against the titans and make the decision. Then I would move on

Interesting. I was absolutely convinced that the Pats would NOT draft Stidham for various reasons that I've gone into in other threads (primarily how he responded to adversity last year at Auburn), but clearly I was wrong and he looked great in his first pre-season game.

I'm not trying to have you defend yourself, but I am genuinely interested in what you saw in Stidham that made him your binky, could you elaborate? Obviously the Patriots have a view of him that was closer to your view, otherwise they wouldn't have drafted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down