PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tankathon

OK, I stand corrected. So it's head-to-head, if it gets to that.

You are correct, I'm wrong.
All good buddy. It gets hard to keep track of for sure. Thankfully it’ll be over with and settled in 6 days.

so stop watching

1cmcv6.jpg

Theoretically they could win and still get the #2 pick if tons of things break right. Many possibilities. Just keep “probably between #2 and #5, with #3 or #4 being the most likely probabilities” in mind and you’re gold.

OK, I stand corrected. So it's head-to-head, if it gets to that.

You are correct, I'm wrong.
LOL, this whole thing is maddening. I've been working on it since I got home and it's definitely enough to make your head spin when it comes to trying to write all the "ifs" , "ands" , "ors", etc. out in all these various scenarios in their respective orders.

I'm a 63 year Pats fan and I always root for the Pats to win, especially so against the Jets in front of the fans who are making the trek. And I know that every player feels the same way. The look on the faces of Jeff Saturday and PEDton Manning when Polian had them taken out to tank a late season game told me all I need to know about how they felt, but I already knew that. It's very possible that PEDton's hostility to Indy now is a result of losing the perfect season on purpose that day.

And I never called you clueless so why don't you get rid of the quotes. I was actually calling you out on your idea that it was hopeless if we got a worse pick.
For all any of us know a later pick might get us a better player.
Maybe the Pats pick the right guy.
Maybe they pick the wrong guy.
Maybe they pick a guy in between.
It's a crap shoot.
No matter what
Actually, you were calling out an entirely different member. I just found it silly for someone have the delusion to assume anyone who disagreed with your take is “clueless”.

And the Manning thing is pure unsubstantiated conjecture which is a giant reach.

More likely is that Manning was butthurt that the Colts had the gall to want to move on from him given his physical condition at the time.

He was old, washed up and ineffective.

He didn’t appreciate hearing it and holds a grudge. Doesn’t make it less true at the time.

I get some old-timers pounding the table that “every win matters” like it’s 1975 and the team DNA doesn’t drastically change each year…but it does.

Especially true this year:

Bill will be gone.

As will most if not all his staff.

There is no carry-forward value to a meaningless win vs the Jets to end an impotent year when the house will be cleaned anyway.

Assets matter.

The difference in point value between #3 and #7 is 700 points…which is equivalent to pick #26 in the first round.

THAT is a quantifiable asset vs some vague “a win matters” take.

Obviously you are free to disagree, but my point is we aren’t all “clueless” for weighing a better pick vs beating the Jets in a game no one will remember in 6 months.

LOL, this whole thing is maddening. I've been working on it since I got home and it's definitely enough to make your head spin when it comes to trying to write all the "ifs" , "ands" , "ors", etc. out in all these various scenarios in their respective orders.
Good news is we’ll know pretty much everything in a week.

Draft spot, Bill situation SHOULD be addressed (may take a few days longer), etc.

It’s the unknown that’s annoying but it’s almost over.

Reactions: Ian
Good news is we’ll know pretty much everything in a week.

Draft spot, Bill situation SHOULD be addressed (may take a few days longer), etc.

It’s the unknown that’s annoying but it’s almost over.

If Bill is gone that should leak on Sunday.

He's probably not gone though.

If the top 3 QBs and Harrison are going I’m trading down.
I like McCarthy and Nabors

We don't need a top 3 pick. The Alabama kicker just launched a 50 yarder. Bill could get him at 4

I’d ideally want to be in the top 4.

Well it’s a 99.9% chance to be top 5 according to this tweet, and a 64% chance to be top 3 according to the next tweet, so top 4 has to be somewhere in between. Let’s just say it’s 85%, lol.

If the top 3 QBs and Harrison are going I’m trading down.
I like McCarthy and Nabors
I feel like he’s still an insanely good WR prospect. So is Odunze. They really need LT so bad though. I would love to find a way to trade down around 10 and get the WR while still getting an additional 2nd and 3rd that you could use on QB and tackle prospects. Might work. But hard to pass on the high end QB if he’s there.

Then they'll trade back to #3 knowing 1st 2 will be QBs.
Bears need a WR.

Darnell Mooney is in his last year and hasn't stepped up after beginning strong.

DJ Moore, Harrison Jr and TE Cole Kemet is a solid line up

I feel like he’s still an insanely good WR prospect. So is Odunze. They really need LT so bad though. I would love to find a way to trade down around 10 and get the WR while still getting an additional 2nd and 3rd that you could use on QB and tackle prospects. Might work. But hard to pass on the high end QB if he’s there.
If it's not QB I think we all should all be pissed. But if we somehow find a QB via free agency or Trade then it should be Left Tackle as much as it will piss everyone off it's the biggest need.

If it's not QB I think we all should all be pissed. But if we somehow find a QB via free agency or Trade then it should be Left Tackle as much as it will piss everyone off it's the biggest need.
Yeah, realistically the star WR should really be the final puzzle piece. Solidifying the line is so important or else you can’t realistically get that receiver the ball on average. But it’s also an issue that tons of teams in the league are facing.

A good OT tends to have a long career as well.

Not so with other positions, like WR.

Actually, you were calling out an entirely different member. I just found it silly for someone have the delusion to assume anyone who disagreed with your take is “clueless”.

And the Manning thing is pure unsubstantiated conjecture which is a giant reach.

More likely is that Manning was butthurt that the Colts had the gall to want to move on from him given his physical condition at the time.

He was old, washed up and ineffective.

He didn’t appreciate hearing it and holds a grudge. Doesn’t make it less true at the time.

I get some old-timers pounding the table that “every win matters” like it’s 1975 and the team DNA doesn’t drastically change each year…but it does.

Especially true this year:

Bill will be gone.

As will most if not all his staff.

There is no carry-forward value to a meaningless win vs the Jets to end an impotent year when the house will be cleaned anyway.

Assets matter.

The difference in point value between #3 and #7 is 700 points…which is equivalent to pick #26 in the first round.

THAT is a quantifiable asset vs some vague “a win matters” take.

Obviously you are free to disagree, but my point is we aren’t all “clueless” for weighing a better pick vs beating the Jets in a game no one will remember in 6 months.
The problem with this argument/attitude is that it's not up to us. We'd all like to see a good game and a close loss to get the better pick. But it's up to the players, who are very unlikely to let the Jets beat them. If you want to be upset, be upset with them.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back