2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

woolster22

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
The vaccines supposedly work, so what's the rush? The nfl did a decent job of not missing games last year but they could do better if they wait simply a month or so for vaccinations.

I was reading the other day about the uptick in cases among children/teens after sending them back to school. Seems like it was all avoidable.
Sounds much like last year with the only difference being not hearing insults like kung flu etc.
Y'all understand they've identified a covid-2 variant? The 2 is very important. The differentiated scientific name implies significant mutations, in this case, a spike targetted by a few of the vaccines. Lol. Don't even get me started on the mRNA. That's experimental science still. Also a spike in severe adverse reactions in the under 40 crowd, a crowd which sees fatalities at a <1% clip.

Ever wonder why the front line workers (nurses, docs, etc) opt OUT of the vaccines at a 40% clip? Only idiots trust the FDA, you need not look any further than CBD/THC and opiates. The FDA approved methodone as a replacement to supplant other synth opiate addiction. Most Rx opiates have a ~3 day physical withdrawal period. Methodone? Physical withdrawal symptons can last upwards of 3 months. It is absolutely criminal.
Remote learning is an absolute joke. If you have ever had to take a class remotely, you’d probably know that. For kids, it’s absolutely devastating. For kids with learning disabilities? Even more so.

Yes and no. For young kids, its horrible. Hs kids should be able to adapt a bit. Whether its feasible hinges on the teacher as well as the parent. That doesn't mean remote schooling = home school, like my kids first grade teacher thought. How anyone thought sticking kindergarteners in front of chromebook to learn how to read would be effective, is beyond me. One of the first weeks I thought I was going to have a stroke listening to the teachers aid asking kids who struggle to write to type the answer in the chat...is what it is, my big goof is reading fine now.

Adults? Its great. I smell a bad personal experience? Did you have to fork over tuition for remote? That, I'd agree is thievery. Higher ed is broken, but that's another discussion. I learned about 10 computer langs, multiple testing frameworks, a few cloud platforms and am getting pretty good with an automation tool for allocating cloud platform resources, all in the last year, all learned remote. Again, make the best of the tools available, group video chats are a pretty decent replacement for study group type settings. Granted, reusing code is encouraged, and the idea of plagiarism is laughed at in the development community.

woolster22

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
This does nothing to refute the stance that virtual learning is either better than in-person, or it’s a wash. Also, could you drop a link to what you’re referencing? Hopefully it goes into depth about what they would earn vs the overhead and other miscellaneous costs associated with the maintenance brick and mortar public institutions need.
He's half way there. Yes, schools being open will keep the willfully ignorant at peace with their tax bill. What he's missing is that opening the schools will lift some of the pressure facing employers to allow remote work to continue.

This is a do or die issue for CA, NY and MA specifically. NYC saw a 1B loss in revenue when looking solely at income tax. Nobody really talks about the corporate office downsizing that hits next. Thats why NYC put up a commercial eviction ban 6-9 months ago, they want to keep it hush-hush. Why does this matter? Most urban residents work in the service economy. The service economy built to support the massive daily traffic into those now empty office buildings. They'll raise taxes rather than rethink spending, and it will be a vicious negative feedback loop. Give it 2 years.

NH is starting to offer incentives to tech companies and workers (they're also suing MA because Charlie Baker thinks he'sthe British Empire, but I digress). Tennessee is offering around 10k for tech workers to relocate, IIRC, plus a couple g's more in relocation costs.

High tax and spend blue states are in deep ****. It's already to late.

JarOfMayo51

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I don’t need a rundown of what phases we have passed or who is now eligible for the vaccine. I know all of that. I also don’t care what you do....researcher, physician, overpaid MA state hack...your post was still dumb. No sh*t almost anyone can get it line at this point. The players can, and should, make appointments to be vaccinated online or over that phone. What you were suggesting, that the NFL “secure” 10,000 doses for their players, is very different than going through the normal channels, like the “little people”.

“I don’t really want to get into my personal life”. Lol. Nobody here cares, dude. You are not stalk-worthy.

cool story bro, move along

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
I don’t have an issue with them missing voluntary workouts. But if that’s the case, you can just say that instead of blaming it on the invisible boogeyman.
Imagine Patriots fans, in general, after finding out that the players had decided to skip voluntary workouts just because they were voluntary.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Bullsh*t. Don’t be naïve. Most of the players do things in their personal lives almost every day that are far riskier than voluntary sessions in a controlled setting with strict protocols, after all players entering the building have been swabbed twice for Covid over 48-72 hour period of time.

This is about sticking it to the NFL league office and the owners. If they got paid to be at these sessions, the Covid concerns would disappear like a fart in the wind.

Don’t get me started on the teachers unions. They are among the villains of the pandemic.

naahhh.....if people were actually serious about getting the teachers back in the class room, vaccinating them along with the 80 year olds would have been the way to do it.......

as for teachers unions, they suck almost as much as police unions

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
He's half way there. Yes, schools being open will keep the willfully ignorant at peace with their tax bill. What he's missing is that opening the schools will lift some of the pressure facing employers to allow remote work to continue.

This is a do or die issue for CA, NY and MA specifically. NYC saw a 1B loss in revenue when looking solely at income tax. Nobody really talks about the corporate office downsizing that hits next. Thats why NYC put up a commercial eviction ban 6-9 months ago, they want to keep it hush-hush. Why does this matter? Most urban residents work in the service economy. The service economy built to support the massive daily traffic into those now empty office buildings. They'll raise taxes rather than rethink spending, and it will be a vicious negative feedback loop. Give it 2 years.

NH is starting to offer incentives to tech companies and workers (they're also suing MA because Charlie Baker thinks he'sthe British Empire, but I digress). Tennessee is offering around 10k for tech workers to relocate, IIRC, plus a couple g's more in relocation costs.

High tax and spend blue states are in deep ****. It's already to late.

why is MA being sued?

you better hope not....blue states are what funds this country....for the most part, red states are moocher states when comparing revenue from the state to the fed as opposed to benefit provided.

amfootball

In the Starting Line-Up
Imagine Patriots fans, in general, after finding out that the players had decided to skip voluntary workouts just because they were voluntary.
This seems to be about more than just the OTAs. The PA has been angling to get more and more moved off the table for the offseason. I do wonder if stuff like this will drive Bill from the game sooner. The biggest advantage the Pats have is its coaching and if you minimize that like we saw last season when practices went virtual and Bill talked about being a big issue for preparation, then having a sig. reduced off-season would be catastrophic. I believe our two rookies TE are probably busts but it is picks like them that were really hurt by the virtual off-season last year along with having awful Cam as their QB. I was really hoping that things would get back to so semblance of normal but the PA is really using this to get their demands met despite the CBA.

One other thing, from a team building approach, Bill likes to build his team using mid-tier guys and other teams cast-offs because he can coach them up. That strategy will back fire big time with little to no off-season.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
This seems to be about more than just the OTAs. The PA has been angling to get more and more moved off the table for the offseason. I do wonder if stuff like this will drive Bill from the game sooner. The biggest advantage the Pats have is its coaching and if you minimize that like we saw last season when practices went virtual and Bill talked about being a big issue for preparation, then having a sig. reduced off-season would be catastrophic. I believe our two rookies TE are probably busts but it is picks like them that were really hurt by the virtual off-season last year along with having awful Cam as their QB. I was really hoping that things would get back to so semblance of normal but the PA is really using this to get their demands met despite the CBA.

One other thing, from a team building approach, Bill likes to build his team using mid-tier guys and other teams cast-offs because he can coach them up. That strategy will back fire big time with little to no off-season.
Yes

As usual, the NFLPA fights for the wrong things.

Also, mods, this thread seems as if it's been moved to the wrong place.

RIpats88

In the Starting Line-Up
It's ironic the NFLPA claiming it isn't safe to workout at team facilities while players are hosting their own voluntary workouts off site. Like the Patriots in california. You telling me that's safer?

And you think brady isn't going to host practices with the bucs at his house or parks this spring? He did in the height of the pandemic.

This has nothing to do with safety. And sadly it's going to hurt rookies and guys on the bubble who need to show they belong in the NFL still

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
It's ironic the NFLPA claiming it isn't safe to workout at team facilities while players are hosting their own voluntary workouts off site. Like the Patriots in california. You telling me that's safer?

And you think brady isn't going to host practices with the bucs at his house or parks this spring? He did in the height of the pandemic.

This has nothing to do with safety. And sadly it's going to hurt rookies and guys on the bubble who need to show they belong in the NFL still

still going to have to fill out your rosters with your best 53......whetehr some guys bubble bursts is inconsequential in the grand scheme.

woolster22

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
why is MA being sued?

you better hope not....blue states are what funds this country....for the most part, red states are moocher states when comparing revenue from the state to the fed as opposed to benefit provided.
Baker's lunatic cobid tax mandate. He has ruled that due to covid, out of state remote workers have to pay taxes on 100% of their income regardless of actual MA office necessity pre-covid. So for someone who went in 2 days a week pre-covid, 60% of their income is being unlawfully taxed, because covid.

Worse yet, someone hired remote during covid is being extorted under threat of criminal penalty to pay taxes they never would have been asked for.

I told my company to list me in any office but MA. I'd rather CHOOSE to pay MD than have MA unconstitutionally demand on the "public health" authority of the incorrigible Chuckie Baker.

They announced they wont be opening the Boston office back up, ever.

They're looking at Washington state and NH for potential offices to avoid the tax headache.

California, New York and Mass are dead. Give it two years. NY is so desperate for revenue they're forking over a $36M settlement to avoid having their toll collections halted by injunction while a SC case gets shoved up their keister.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Baker's lunatic cobid tax mandate. He has ruled that due to covid, out of state remote workers have to pay taxes on 100% of their income regardless of actual MA office necessity pre-covid. So for someone who went in 2 days a week pre-covid, 60% of their income is being unlawfully taxed, because covid.

Worse yet, someone hired remote during covid is being extorted under threat of criminal penalty to pay taxes they never would have been asked for.

I told my company to list me in any office but MA. I'd rather CHOOSE to pay MD than have MA unconstitutionally demand on the "public health" authority of the incorrigible Chuckie Baker.

They announced they wont be opening the Boston office back up, ever.

They're looking at Washington state and NH for potential offices to avoid the tax headache.

California, New York and Mass are dead. Give it two years. NY is so desperate for revenue they're forking over a $36M settlement to avoid having their toll collections halted by injunction while a SC case gets shoved up their keister.
They’re not dead..... you know it, I know it.....NH will die first....that rightie BS about deaf blue states Is silly

I think Bakers done tho

woolster22

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
They’re not dead..... you know it, I know it.....NH will die first....that rightie BS about deaf blue states Is silly

I think Bakers done tho
Millenials are fleeing cities. Tenn, and W Va started offering up 5 figure "moving bonuses" for remote workers recently. NH offering $ for upskilling services.

There's no chains holding people to expensive, over crowded cities. What, the colleges are going to save them? Lol. Let's say the Gov't cancels just 10k in loans for everyone - isn't that in and of itself a tacit admission the system is woefully broken (Deloitte is disgusted with quality coming out of schools btw, the value proposition is questionable at best).

What degrees currently pertain to fields that aren't going to be turned upside down with automation and cloud services? It isn't computer science majors, they don't really teach them how to functionally code. Lots of libArts theory about the imperfection of Turing, blah blah blah. "I've learned more in the few weeks since finishing rhe training cycle than I did the entirety of my 4 year CS degree." - coworker from Ma. Lawyer's are being taken to task by IBM Watson now. AI doesn't forget, and Watson isn't even old enough to apply to law school . Clerks? Accountants? Gone before truckers. Lets be honest, they cpuld have been coded away 15-20 years ago, but those are pedigree gigs.

When the offices drastically reduce their weekly attendance reqs, who patronizes the city service economies that employs the bulk of urban residents? Where is all that tax revenue made up? Those blue states are going to suddenly cut spending? How are urban crime rates doing the last year? Is that helpful?

NH dead before Ma? What was it they used to say on BSPN..."C'mon man!"

"A survey by the Society for Human Resource Management found 52% of Americans would choose to work from home permanently given the option." - those with tech talent will dictate their terms and reap the benefits of high pay and low costs of living. Why piss away thousands a month on a mortgage that goes half as far with none of the natural beauty surrounding you? One could then throw the saved capital into investments like fetch.ai or vechain

Per Deloitte's 2020 Human Capital Report, 53% of businesses surveyed expect 50-100% of their employees will need to change their skills and capabilities in the next 3 years. 45% of those companies are not confident in their company's ability to meet those challenges.

Most people know the changes are coming, they just don't see where its all heading. Automation won't eliminate fields, but it will drastically decrease man-hour demand. Heard of "superjobs?"

Last edited: