PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 57 PreGame Discussion: Chiefs vs. Eagles (Andy Reid bowl)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Eagles

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 21 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SB should be today!!!

The general feeling from nfl reddit etc is most are cheering against the Eagles. Mostly due to the Eagles fans and because a large contigent of the sub are made up of Giant and Cowboys fans.

I can understand where Patriots fans are coming from. Eagles are in a different conference. Won't win 6 SB titles. Hurts is not going to win three or four more of these. He may not even get back. How good is he without talent everywhere? I am personally not sold on him yet.

Meanwhile, a Mahomes win will get talk shows discussing GOAT etc. And no...Mahomes winning four or five SB's does not make him GOAT. Win 8. Then, a real conversation can be had. But it won't shut up stupid analysts.

As for the game, Hurts is the X factor here. If he does not turn the ball over, or take a dumb sack giving the punter no room to really boot it, the Eagles will win imo. Take what is given. No overthrows for a sure TD (See Jimmy G to Sanders in SB 54), etc.

But...I think Hurts has two picks minimum. One of which will be a pick six. Or a pick close to the Eagles end zone. Ultimately resulting in a KC TD. This keeps Mahomes on the field too. Btw, I believe the two picks will be on him. And not necessarily great plays by the Chiefs D.

That is where I am getting at. I do not believe Mahomes and Reid are dumb enough to go into this game thinking they are going to have time to create magical plays. Eagles DL is too good. I believe the plan will be take what is there. No rocket balls unless a guy is clearly open. Use the rb in the screen game. Three step drop to alleviate the Eagles pass rush.

The game really resembles SB 54 where SF had the advantage in most areas. Except the advantage at the QB position. If this were Brady or Burrow behind this Eagles OL, I would definitely take Philly. I just don't believe in Hurts. Ultimately I have KC winning 28-19.

I have $250 on the Eagles

Know what’s a giant pet peeve of mine? How almost all pundits everywhere all the time just basically by default go “oh this is gonna be a great matchup” and “oh this is gonna be a terrific game.” Yes I know that’s kind of their job it’s about hype but ffs be a bit bolder, stop predicting down to the wire 3 point victories.

Not me, I’m predicting ahead of time that this game is gonna not be very entertaining and probably a bit of a slog with a lot of punts. Final score like 23-10 Eagles and we wish it never happened and instead got Bengals/Cowboys or something.

30% of you are hitting the medical mj??
WTF?
Please explain how this flawed Chefs team can win?
Hurts tweaks his shoulder in the first quarter? That's the only scenario. Maybe the Eagles luck runs out?

30% of you are hitting the medical mj??
WTF?
Please explain how this flawed Chefs team can win?
Hurts tweaks his shoulder in the first quarter? That's the only scenario. Maybe the Eagles luck runs out?

Anyone CAN win it's the NFL. I thought there was no ****ing chance in hell that the Broncos would beat the Panthers but they did.

Anyone CAN win it's the NFL. I thought there was no ****ing chance in hell that the Broncos would beat the Panthers but they did.
True. If the Chefs can stop the Eagles run game, they have a shot. I don't think they have the players to do that however. We shall see.
Watch the Commanders-Eagles game where they pulled off the upset. That's the blueprint.

If Mahomes wins, he'll have one less Super Bowl victory than Tom in his first 5 years as a starter in the NFL.

Refs have the memo for this one: "Get Mahomes his 2nd"

NFL desperately needs Mahomes to get a 2nd. Him going to 1-2 in the SB would be bad optics. Need him to get 2 so they can run the narratives and get those "will he get to 7"

Last edited:
NFL in full hype mode…facts be damned.

Think they meant “first 6 seasons” but funny nonetheless.

1675734329276.png

According to TickPick, 24% of all #SuperBowlLVII tickets sold thus far have been purchased from Pennsylvania, with only 7% of purchases coming from Missouri and Kansas combined. This figure wouldn’t even account for the significant percentages of purchases that likely came from NJ and DE."

Home game for the Eagles

According to TickPick, 24% of all #SuperBowlLVII tickets sold thus far have been purchased from Pennsylvania, with only 7% of purchases coming from Missouri and Kansas combined. This figure wouldn’t even account for the significant percentages of purchases that likely came from NJ and DE."

Home game for the Eagles

Just like Super Bowl 52

Is Jalen Hurts even good? I’m dead serious. I just can‘t pick the Eagles.
He was a lot better before the shoulder injury. Since then, his rating, completion percentage, and YPA have all dropped. He needed the bye week more than Mahomes who, IMO, is not as injured as he makes it out to be on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes