Patriots Local Newsfeed:
Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Moving On
Tom Brady and the Patriots came up big Saturday night in their win over Tennessee and will move on to the AFC Championship game next Sunday at Gillette Stadium.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Suggestion: Thread previews include the img/twitter link

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by fnordcircle, Mar 12, 2016.

1. fnordcircle

fnordcircle User has put you on their 'ignore' list. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,864
    Heya @Ian - not sure if this is feasible or whatever but one thing I noticed is that sometimes I only open a thread to see what the OP has posted. For instance the current 'From Dion Lewis' snapchat' thread.

I hovered over the thread and the preview just said [ IMG] . Had it shown the image I wouldn't have loaded the thread, which would have presumably saved some bandwidth and server resources.

I dunno, it's not a huge thing but if it would be possible to see the image or twitter post when previewing a thread it might save you some bandwidth, if that sort of thing matters. Ok thanks for reading my thread, I tried my best.

• Like Like x 1

2. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,516
    It's a good suggestion, I'll take a look at the software to see if it's something that's easy to implement. Server is running better now so we're definitely in better shape from that standpoint, but purely from a user experience standpoint it's a good idea since it obviously helps get a better handle on the thread :cool:

3. SuperStang83

SuperStang83 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +666
    Is there a way to turn the thread preview feature on and off? It works on my work computer, but from home doesn't work. Actually it worked for about a minute on my home computer after it recently updated, but other than that I never get to thread preview.