PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stunningly OT: US - Russia Hockey Game - Best Ever

Too bad Cindy Crosby & her scumbag PitsDirt linemate Kuntiz scored 2 of the 3 goals.

I hate the NHL in the Olympics. At least none of the Bruins were injured, this year.

Which one are you? ;)

Blamecanada.JPG

Congrats to Sweden as well. Sweden really overachieved when you think about the injuries and adversity they faced. To even make it to the final was pretty crazy.

That shot off the post could have changed the tone of the game, but it was just another bounce that went our way. While I feel Canada was the better team today, Sweden has found ways to beat many better teams and pulled off great wins despite being short-handed throughout the tournament so we weren't taking them lightly.

Silver is sometimes seen as losing the gold, and sometimes that's true. But as several Canadian Olympians mentioned, it can also mean you won the silver. The Swedes should feel like they won that silver, not just with today's performance, but as their just reward for a tournament filled with over-achievement.

To be honest I don't think we overachived, we had the easiest possible way to the finals. Probably the easiest group, the easiest quarter-finals matchup and then Finland knocks out Russia so we get an opponent we a very familiar with (similar to us) in the semis.

Canada played a much more physical game than we could handle.

To be honest I don't think we overachived, we had the easiest possible way to the finals. Probably the easiest group, the easiest quarter-finals matchup and then Finland knocks out Russia so we get an opponent we a very familiar with (similar to us) in the semis.

Canada played a much more physical game than we could handle.

Any win without your top-3 forwards is a good one. Sweeping the group (even if it was the easiest) without those guys means you took care of business.

Canada also barely got by Finland and Latvia (close 1-goal wins), both teams played very tough, so we have a healthy respect for what Sweden accomplished short-handed.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back