PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

stumbled on a couple familiar names today..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------
The Wonderlic scores from the NFL Combine have been released and as expected there were some surprises. The highest score recorded was a 41 (out of 50) by Oklahoma DT Dusty Dvoracek. The lowest score was an eight, achieved by DE Kader Drame, LB Freddie Roach, DT Montavious Stanley, TE T.J. Williams and CB Chijioke Onyenegecha.

Marcus Vick did little to impress at the Combine and that was certainly remembered today when his score was released. There were already questions about his intelligence, but with his position low score of 11, many more will surface. The average score for the QBs was a 24.6. Some high scores were brought home by the following: Bruce Eugene (41), Travis Lulay (37), Matt Leinart (35) and Kellen Clemens (35).

Nick Mangold managed a 35, while Garrett Mills matched that impressive score. Oregon LB Keith Ellison notched a 36, as did Cal-Poly LB Chris Gocong. Cornell offensive lineman Kevin Boothe recorded a 37, along with Virginia QB Marques Hagans, Stanford DT Babatunde Oshinowo and Boston College OT Jeremy Trueblood.

On the low side of things, Penn State cornerback Alan Zemaitis scored only a 9. Marshall CB Chris Hawkins, Miami DE Javon Nanton, South Carolina S Ko Simpson, WR Delanie Walker from CMSU and Syracuse DE James Wyche all scored a 10. Tennessee's standout safety Jason Allen recorded an 11, as did LSU WR Skyler Green and Clemson DE Charles Bennett.

Updated 8:00am, Saturday March 18th
unquote

Last edited by a moderator:
bosfan said:
On the low side of things
Not on this list, but Kamerion Wimbley only got a 15. Now I know Samuel had a very low score but I wonder what our LB got and whether Belichick would want a guy with a rock for a brain playing LB for him. Just something I wonder about with Wimbley going to Crennel.

bosfan said:
Nick Mangold managed a 35, while Garrett Mills matched that impressive score. Oregon LB Keith Ellison notched a 36, as did Cal-Poly LB Chris Gocong.
Man, I was really hoping we'd see that kid in a Flying Elvis. Where is this quote from, bosfan? Curious as to what LaCasse got, and Lawson too.

bump.........

Was actually trying to find Jonathan Sullivans score and googled various 'wonderlic' searches and came across that one I posted - never did find his.

bosfan said:
Was actually trying to find Jonathan Sullivans score and googled various 'wonderlic' searches and came across that one I posted - never did find his.
Sullivan had a 16. Ty Warren had a 15. Wilfork a 10 and Seymour an 18. Our LB and Safeties are where I'm a little more interested in those scores.

BelichickFan said:
Sullivan had a 16. Ty Warren had a 15. Wilfork a 10 and Seymour an 18. Our LB and Safeties are where I'm a little more interested in those scores.

So, the Freddie Roach thing is a bit unusual.

rookBoston said:
So, the Freddie Roach thing is a bit unusual.
I said I'm interested in the Wunderlich, not that Belichick is ;) As is always said, the Wunderlich is one tool to just intelligence, not the only one. I would think we'd have more chance to guess well on Roach vs. Mincey or Wimbley as we have film on Roach's football intelligence at his NFL position whereas others changing positions it's tougher to tell the instincts.

BelichickFan said:
Thanks for info, 16 is not bad for DL'men who tend to have lower scores, thought Sullivan had received a really low score and wondered if that might have factored in to his underachievment - anyway hope we can get this guy turned around a bit........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back