PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham was/is not injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last int removed any confidence I had in him. Byrd was opened. Either his arm strength is nil or he his confidence is shorted by all that pounding he received in his last year at Auburn.

That last int removed any confidence I had in him. Byrd was opened. Either his arm strength is nil or he his confidence is shorted by all that pounding he received in his last year at Auburn.
My memory may be off, but wasn't he under pressure on that last interception? I seem to remember defender in his face and the throw on his back foot. Ill advised maybe, but not a reflection on his arm strength which seemed fine the rest of the time. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not so much for Hoyer who squandered whatever benefit of the doubt may have existed prior to last night's game.

My memory may be off, but wasn't he under pressure on that last interception? I seem to remember defender in his face and the throw on his back foot. Ill advised maybe, but not a reflection on his arm strength which seemed fine the rest of the time. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not so much for Hoyer who squandered whatever benefit of the doubt may have existed prior to last night's game.
Honestly, all Stid really had to do was step up in the pocket & it could’ve been an easy TD; or at least gone out of bounds. He was already in shotgun, resulting in the extra 8-10 yards that needed to be made up on the throw. Step up in pocket = TD (most likely).

lol...dude came in and looked like he just pounded two red bulls..way too amped but expected. No second year camp due to Covid (which is probably the big reason Hoyer was the backup to Newton) Has thrown 20 passes in his career.

yep time to give up him...give the side at least a couple of starts before tossing in the towel. The stat I do find amusing he that he has three passing TDs on his resume....hopefully he can find his touch if he just learns to relax.

Bill's not giving up on Stidham. We need a starter this week end. We need a backup to Cam, and to the 2021 starter.

Let's review:

Vinny Testaverde = Only played a few snaps to extend his TD pass streak in every year of his career.
Dough Flutie = Only played a few snaps to get his drop kick in the history books.
Matt Cassell = Played 15 games.
Jimmy Garoppollo = Got dinged in his 2nd game as the starter....so...1.5 games.
Jacoby Brissett = Lasted 2.5 games, but in the game against the Bills...he had no chance with a broken finger, IIRC.
Cam Newton = Got COVID after 3 starts.

Hmmmmm....hmmmm......

What was the win-loss record with all these guys? I think about 0.700 which is pretty good

Stidham is like a Moneyball example for the flawed eye test. Like a baseball hitter whose swing and home runs look "beautiful" to scouts, then you look and realize he only bats 0.200 and strikes out half the time. Stidham is a terrible interception machine in between his "beautiful" throws.

one thing you know........hoyer is not going to beat the cheifs
the question will be whether he can even make it worth watching before they replace him with stidham anyway

Question......Answered

What was the win-loss record with all these guys? I think about 0.700 which is pretty good

Vinny and Flutie were both 1-0...I am pretty sure because it is the only reason they would see the field...at the end of a blowout. So, that is 2-0.

Cassell 11-5...11-6 if we want to count the "loss" we took vs. the Fish in the 05' season finale to avoid the Steelers in round 1.

Jimmy 1-0

Brissett 2-1...but played one game with no hand to use!!

Newton 2-1 so far...

Hoyer 0-1.....and Stiddy...1-1 if we count both times he saw action.

So, overall....19-10 plus Bledsoe's 5-13 record before Brady took over...24-23 for QB's not named Brady in the BB era.

Yeah, pretty good man....and Cam is only going to make that number better....

Vinny and Flutie were both 1-0...I am pretty sure because it is the only reason they would see the field...at the end of a blowout. So, that is 2-0.

Cassell 11-5...11-6 if we want to count the "loss" we took vs. the Fish in the 05' season finale to avoid the Steelers in round 1.

Jimmy 1-0

Brissett 2-1...but played one game with no hand to use!!

Newton 2-1 so far...

Hoyer 0-1.....and Stiddy...1-1 if we count both times he saw action.

So, overall....19-10 plus Bledsoe's 5-13 record before Brady took over...24-23 for QB's not named Brady in the BB era.

Yeah, pretty good man....and Cam is only going to make that number better....

Yeah so 19-10 is like a 65% win rate. I don't get why people are on a rampage to try to prove Belichick is nothing without Brady. It's an asinine argument. Belichick found and developed Brady. Brady likely doesn't even get 1 ring without a Belichick giving him a chance.

Hoyer can definitely hit the throws still and is not a terrible option for a spot start.
If a QB with an 0-10 record as a starter is not considered a “terrible option“, then what is considered a “terrible option“?

If a QB with an 0-10 record as a starter is not considered a “terrible option“, then what is considered a “terrible option“?

Well, have to consider how bad those teams were he was playing for. That said, he was awful Monday and didn’t look anything like he did in the game I watched last year. Hopefully doesn’t play another meaningful snap

Stidham is like a Moneyball example for the flawed eye test. Like a baseball hitter whose swing and home runs look "beautiful" to scouts, then you look and realize he only bats 0.200 and strikes out half the time. Stidham is a terrible interception machine in between his "beautiful" throws.

He is. But the possibility exists to fix him, otherwise Bill would jettison him. Hoyer has no up side; you can only hope he won’t lose the game. I’m good with taking that risk with Stidham in hopes the mistakes will be learnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes