PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers To Wear White Jerseys In SB XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9185894

The Steelers will buck years of tradition and wear their white road uniforms in the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 5 in Detroit, even though they are designated by the NFL as the home team and could wear their more imposing black jerseys.

The black jerseys and gold pants are the Steelers' traditional look, and numerous sports teams have switched to black uniforms in recent years because they believe it creates a more intimidating presence.

Cowher made the choice by himself and without consulting with ownership, saying, "We're not playing at Heinz Field so, in my mind, it's an away game."

[...]

Cowher's decision to wear white has caused the biggest stir in a town where it's difficult to drive past more than one or two houses without seeing a black and gold team item or banner. Cowher became perplexed at the constant questioning about the issue at his weekly news conference, finally saying, "You want to know what shoes I'm wearing, too?"

I hope the league skips over the Steelers' decision and lets the AFC team have home next year (we look better in blue).

Steeler's make SB after how many years ... and they are going to show
up in WHITE! THEY LOSE! What was Cowher thinking?
I wonder if their fans are happy about it.

JR4 said:
Steeler's make SB after how many years ... and they are going to show
up in WHITE! THEY LOSE! What was Cowher thinking?
I wonder if their fans are happy about it.

Yeah! Everyone knows you don't wear white after labor day!

Seymour93 said:
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9185894

I hope the league skips over the Steelers' decision and lets the AFC team have home next year (we look better in blue).

Now that's what I call confidence! Still, I think any player or coach will say that the odds of getting back there are tough and you better win it all when you have a chance. This Patriots dynasty has, until this year, and we want more!

Make sense for Cowher to use the white shirts. All their playoffs games have been with the white shirt and he probably doesnt want to jinx it. If you win in white you stay in white... I mean, that would be the way of a simplistic mind like Cowher's would think... :p

Interesting, that means that we have to watch those godawful Seahawks home unis.

Pats Fanatic said:
Interesting, that means that we have to watch those godawful Seahawks home unis.

The Seahawks uni's are great!

maxhagen said:
Make sense for Cowher to use the white shirts. All their playoffs games have been with the white shirt and he probably doesnt want to jinx it. If you win in white you stay in white... I mean, that would be the way of a simplistic mind like Cowher's would think... :p
This is exactly what I think. It's become a bit of a story how the Steelers are playing much better away than home. Obviously, Detroit won't be home no matter what color they wear, but Cowher probably still views it symbolically.

Can't be that he thinks it's virgin territory for them.

thechris said:
The Seahawks uni's are great!
Yeah if you like puke green:D.

Worry about the game, not laundry....

I don't understand why teams think the dark home jerseys are more intimidating. The fact is, the lighter the color, the bigger you look in it. Dark colors are slimming. If you want to look big and dominating, wear white. Every other sport (baseball, basketball, etc.O) has managed to figure this out.

It's difficult for me to care one way or the other about some mind game the Steelers are using for the Super Bowl :(

Agreed , who cares

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back