PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Starting my Stidham collection should of got in on this last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not wait until they are on clearance?

Could have said the same thing about Brady rookie cards in 2000...

There was no Brady hype because the odds of him playing were almost zero since Bledsoe just inked a 100 million dollar contract.

Bro I know

not true the kid has the faith of Belichick McDaniels and Mccourty.

As an aside, McCourty had absolutely nothing to gain by saying that Stidham was torching the D in practice some weeks.

I tell this story all the time. 2005, ebay. That card, maybe not gem mint I don’t know , came up for auction. 300 bucks BIN I believe. thought it was some scam because I didn’t know about the Contenders. Figured it was a faked auto or a facsimile. What a mistake that was. Kick myself to this day.

Yeah, unfortunately that card is counterfeited quite a bit, so I wouldn't touch it unless it were graded by PSA or BGS. I wish I could go back in time and purchase a million Brady rookie cards...

Around that same time my father was on a buy anything with Patriots on it kick on eBay. He bought a ton of small $10 items old bobbleheads and things like that.

He also bought some more expensive items. He owns several of the pylons on the field during the first few SB wins.

He didn't buy a lot of cards but the few cards he did buy were pretty cool. One of these cards he paid about $250 for it's a SB36 Brady with a small game used piece of football inserted. This guy sells for over 5k online now.

He also has Vinatieri from the same line of cards inserted with a piece of the goal post from 36. Not worth quite as much but still a pretty cool card.

Thankfully I snagged a Bowman Chrome TB rookie back then. That puppy has gone up in value a ton. Paid 25 for it I believe.

Thankfully I snagged a Bowman Chrome TB rookie back then. That puppy has gone up in value a ton. Paid 25 for it I believe.
He might have a rookie card too but I think he's been calling that SB card a rookie card for years. Who knows what's in his safety box.

What's the price tag on something like this ? I have a few of his rookie cards, but that one is really nice.

The top Stidham rookies right now are his 2019 National Treasures card numbered 184 and his Playoff Contenders....both are autographed and are selling for 3K and 1K, respectively. Cards that contain patches from player jerseys are what's hot right now. Before the draft, Stidham rookies were much cheaper. As soon as the draft came and went, everyone knew he was going to be the starter and prices skyrocketed.

Last edited:
I tell this story all the time. 2005, ebay. That card, maybe not gem mint I don’t know , came up for auction. 300 bucks BIN I believe. thought it was some scam because I didn’t know about the Contenders. Figured it was a faked auto or a facsimile. What a mistake that was. Kick myself to this day.
If it makes you feel better, the regular Contenders Brady RC auto goes for “only” $25,000 to 30,000 or so. It’s only the rare “Championship Ticket” parallel that can get you a quarter mil or so.

The top Stidham rookies right now are his 2019 National Treasures card numbered 184 and his Playoff Contenders....both are autographed and are selling for 3K and 1K, respectively. Cards that contain patches from player jerseys are what's hot right now. Before the draft, Stidham rookies were much cheaper. As soon as the draft came and went, everyone knew he was going to be the starter and prices skyrocketed.
I Just got a Kneal Harry one with a piece of jersey

If it makes you feel better, the regular Contenders Brady RC auto goes for “only” $25,000 to 30,000 or so. It’s only the rare “Championship Ticket” parallel that can get you a quarter mil or so.

yeah makes me feel so much better. Kicking myself quite a bit over that. There has been no player who has cards like that. It’s ridiculous.

I do have a 04 Reflections Sig Threads game used jersey and auto card. Dunno non graded value on that one.

Actually, the regular Contenders rookie is going for 250K in mint condition. I've seen BGS 9's for 35K-40K though. I can't imagine what a mint condition championship ticket would cost...that would be insane. I've only seen a handful of them and they are graded in the 7-8 range.

2000 PLAYOFF CONTENDERS TOM BRADY ROOKIE TICKET AUTO BGS 9.5 /10 HIGHEST SUBS! | eBay

Last edited:
What's the price tag on something like this ? I have a few of his rookie cards, but that one is really nice.

They are worthless. I've got a nephew is loves him though so I'm happy to send you a $5 if you'll mail 'em to me.:evil:

They are worthless. I've got a nephew is loves him though so I'm happy to send you a $5 if you'll mail 'em to me.:evil:
We will see to me its not even so much about the economic value its the Patriots fan in me.
I did just sell a Randy moss rookie auto with a peeled off corner for 85.00

Since the quarantine and the team moving on from Brady and mt Stidham faith the last few days I have purchased Ucho Dugger Stidham and Harry cards.
Winovich is next on my list.
Come to think of it im sure Joejuan Williams is cheap right now.

Actually, the regular Contenders rookie is going for 250K in mint condition. I've seen BGS 9's for 35K-40K though.
The mint conditions are going for what I said they were (although it seems a recent surge has increased their value by roughly $5,000 to $10,000). Mint condition is BGS 9.0.

The Gem Mints go for quite a bit more, but I think there’s something like only 2 of those on the planet (depending on whether or not people accept the inferior PSA ratings as gem mint).

BTW, just because someone lists something for 250k doesn’t mean that it’s selling for that much. I don’t see any sales of the base card for anywhere near that amount.

The mint conditions are going for what I said they were (although it seems a recent surge has increased their value by roughly $5,000 to $10,000). Mint condition is BGS 9.0.

The Gem Mints go for quite a bit more, but I think there’s something like only 2 of those on the planet (depending on whether or not people accept the inferior PSA ratings as gem mint).

BTW, just because someone lists something for 250k doesn’t mean that it’s selling for that much. I don’t see any sales of the base card for anywhere near that amount.

The Championship ticket you mentioned sold last year for 400K and again at almost 600K in mint, so it's much more valuable than you think. Based on this, 250K for the base version 9.5 BGS seems about right.

Brady rookie card sells for over $400K at auction

Someone Spent $560K On An Autographed Tom Brady Rookie Card

BTW,. I wouldn't necessarily call PSA inferior. Overall, I would say PSA seems more popular right now. BGS was more popular 10 years ago, which explains why so many Brady rookies (SP authentic and Contenders) are BGS graded. I would say a BGS 10 > PSA 10 > BGS 9.5. But if presented with the same card graded at a BGS 9 or PSA 9, I would take the PSA 9.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back