SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by AtomicDawg, Apr 14, 2017.

1. AtomicDawg

AtomicDawg Patriot of the Week PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +38,646
    ---
    f499464e-0ca8-4d89-b979-242337f07028.jpg

This is everything a trailer should be. The music, not giving too much away for us. I've watched it twice already looking for details.

2. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,034
    ---
    You know when you take a step back and look at it objectively the Jedi would be the bad guys in most movies.

Basically they are a cult of people who have super powers. They take kids away from families and make them cut off all connection from them. They then brainwash them and kill all emotional (including pity, remorse, regret).

They with virtually no over sight go around doing as they please, brainwashing people when convenient, killing and hurting people who get in their way when they are powerful enough not to most times. They do as they please within the confines of their religious philosophy which of course is not up for debate.

You see several times in the series Jedi kill or maim people when not needed and not even worry about the families they are tearing up cause death isn't a big deal for them.

Obviously the Siths are much worse but assuming they didn't exist wouldn't the Jedi council and its unchecked powers to do virtually anything they want (including influencing government matters of an elected government) be something we would be very much against and would find morally wrong?

Something to think about.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  3. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,899
    ---
    Breathe . . .
    Just breathe . . .
    Now! Reach out!
    What do you see?

I see . . . more SJW bullsh*t masquerading as entertainment. :mad:

4. YOUGOTMOSSED

Ratings:
    +5,899
    ---
    "only the Sith deal in absolutes"

5. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,034
    ---
    Isn't that also an absolute? Jedi seem to deal in absolutes a lot themselves :)

6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +49,788
    ---
    That actually looks pretty good. I'm guessing Luke is going to go to the big sleep in this one.

7. YOUGOTMOSSED

Ratings:
    +5,899
    ---
    "Supreme Chancellor: Remember back to your early teachings. ‘All who gain power are afraid to lose it.’ Even the Jedi.

Anakin Skywalker: The Jedi use their power for good.

Supreme Chancellor: Good is a point of view, Anakin. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power.

Anakin Skywalker: The Sith rely on their passion for their strength. They think inward, only about themselves.

Supreme Chancellor: And the Jedi don’t?

Anakin Skywalker: The Jedi are selfless…they only care about others.

Supreme Chancellor: [looking a little frustrated] Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis ‘the wise’?

Anakin Skywalker: No.

Supreme Chancellor: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith who lived many years ago. He was so powerful and so wise that he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

Anakin Skywalker: He could do that? He could actually save people from death?

Supreme Chancellor: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Anakin Skywalker: What happened to him?

Supreme Chancellor: He became so powerful…the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, and then one night, his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It’s ironic that he could save others from death, but not himself."

That was Palpatine selling the dark side to Anakin. Sounds a little more persuasive than the Jedi constantly drilling into Anakin "Jedi good; Sith bad." I'm not sure whether this was intentional or just bad writing but, in the prequels, the Jedi seemed like such a bunch of d*cks that just about any one of us would get fed up with their bullsh*t and go Sith. Maybe not to the extreme of killing a bunch of kids :eek:

Sith code:
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017