PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Spygate 2.0" update: NFL still investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had something damaging, they would release it now to get maximum vitriol at the Pats, as there's nothing else to talk about in sports. They got nothing, and that's why there's no big release. They'll bury it eventually or, more than likely IMO, they'll never say anything and hope everyone just forgets.
30tm4k.gif

If they had something damaging, Belichick would be suspended for sure.

It’s only a few days away from the draft and if a suspension was coming there would be no way they’d allow Belichick to participate in the preparation for the draft for the Patriots. It would have been announced a while ago imo.

He said it was national news. I’m guessing it’s not really related to the NFL. Maybe a new show or something. I don’t think he would sit on news related to the league.
I agree, he would never sit on League news. He would risk getting scooped by Schefty or Rapoport.

Stuff like this makes you realize how effective the NFL propaganda machine has been over the years with Deflategate being their high point.

Secretly release false and damaging information
Allow/assist media to create a dastardly narrative
Secretly place a gag order on team so no context/facts can be provided allowing the narrative to grow
Hire investigators and so called experts with a bias towards guilt
Ignore any exculpatory evidence
Twist finding to pre-conceived verdict
Hand down significant penalty thus bolstering initial claim of level of offense
Avoid any context (NO ONE ELSE HAS EVER DONE THIS)
Knowing that besides the fans of the team being implicated all others are actually happy about it the NFL knows there will be little to no backlash.

Scary how similar Deflategate and bountygate were.
Both penalties were excessive when nothing actually happened in either case.

Still do not fully understand why the league does what it does but I have to assume it is pettiness of the losing owners. (boutygate was likely so they could pretend they cared about player safety)

Why the site like Yourteam Cheats formed.

I don’t see any pats related news being released at 10pm. Our crap tends to get released at peak media hours.

....unless it's exculpatory, in which case they air it at 2 AM.

Hmm....

Glazers “news” was the Rams center positive for COVID-19 the first NFL player to be positive. I suppose that is big news but... o_O

Glazers “news” was the Rams center positive for COVID-19 the first NFL player to be positive. I suppose that is big news but... o_O
Glazer really fumbled this one up.

Had several NBA players not already gotten covid and this was reported weeks ago as him being the first pro athlete to get the virus, then sure it’s a huge story. But really? You spent a whole day hyping this up as your big news story, when the guy contracted it three weeks ago? And hundreds of thousands have now gotten this virus across the country?

Seems very manipulative on his part using this as his big scoop.

A logical league would have come out immediately with: "Patriots admitted that the teams production crew inappropriately filmed Bengals sideline which is against NFL rules. Since all signals are communicated via the helmet as they have been for several years there is obviously no competitive advantage to be gained. We understand that the team was creating content like all other teams do and that they had notified the Browns of their intentions. We will however be looking into this matter further to ensure ...................one week later team is fined $50,000 for failure to properly notify the Bengals. But no - they want there to be a perception of"cheating" and know that the majority of fans will immediately jump to worst case conclusion vs thinking it through logically.

But no - they want there to be a perception of"cheating" and know that the majority of fans will immediately jump to worst case conclusion vs thinking it through logically.

You don't even have to think about it that hard. If the Pats were trying to gain some kind of advantage over the Bengals, they did it in the dumbest way possible in front of employees the Bengals and Browns. And one of those two teams they already got permission to film.

Belichick himself even said that the Pats follow the rules to the letter and go out of their way not to step out of line after Spygate where Bill tried to get cute with the rules rather than to call the league office for clarification.

A logical league would have come out immediately with: "Patriots admitted that the teams production crew inappropriately filmed Bengals sideline which is against NFL rules. Since all signals are communicated via the helmet as they have been for several years there is obviously no competitive advantage to be gained. We understand that the team was creating content like all other teams do and that they had notified the Browns of their intentions. We will however be looking into this matter further to ensure ...................one week later team is fined $50,000 for failure to properly notify the Bengals. But no - they want there to be a perception of"cheating" and know that the majority of fans will immediately jump to worst case conclusion vs thinking it through logically.

A league like that will also create a SOP for teams with their own documentary and video crew and rules around that. This league won’t though because Goodell.

You don't even have to think about it that hard. If the Pats were trying to gain some kind of advantage over the Bengals, they did it in the dumbest way possible in front of employees the Bengals and Browns. And one of those two teams they already got permission to film.

Belichick himself even said that the Pats follow the rules to the letter and go out of their way not to step out of line after Spygate where Bill tried to get cute with the rules rather than to call the league office for clarification.

Yeah. A team or individual that cheats hides what they are doing. That doesn’t seem to be what happened here or with any other Patriots “scandal”.

Obviously that is assuming the video guy really wasn’t scouting for the football ops. That is cheating and would be hard to accept as a fan of this team.

KILL GOODELL!!!!! KILL KILL KILL KILL HIM! KILL THE GOODELL BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! HEY HO....GOODELL HAS TO GO! STRAP HIM TO A ROCKET BACK TO PLANET MORON!

my shrink suggested I try primal screaming....I DO feel better now...guess it works

Yah great thread. If this investigation is still going NFL Should be lined up for DUI.

my shrink suggested I try primal screaming....I DO feel better now...guess it works
A co-worker of mine who resides in a Denver suburb told me at 8pm every night most of her neighborhood goes outside and yells at the top of their lungs for 20-30 seconds. It started as a clapping and yelling for Drs, nurses, first responders but has morphed into bellowing and screeching out of frustration and anger, just a cry for help.

A co-worker of mine who resides in a Denver suburb told me at 8pm every night most of her neighborhood goes outside and yells at the top of their lungs for 20-30 seconds. It started as a clapping and yelling for Drs, nurses, first responders but has morphed into bellowing and screeching out of frustration and anger, just a cry for help.
Yikes. Man that is incredibly sad

Every time this thread gets bumped I get nervous lol...

There’s been some miscommunication about what’s going on up here in Denver. I live here, and people howl like wolves for about 2-3 minutes each night at exactly 8:00 p.m. It’s about showing appreciation for our medical community and essential workers. It’s also a fun way to unitedly express ourselves and maybe let off a little steam due to the cabin fever caused by this quarantine.

It really is a nice thing and very heart-warming, certainly not “incredibly sad.”

There’s been some miscommunication about what’s going on up here in Denver. I live here, and people howl like wolves for about 2-3 minutes each night at exactly 8:00 p.m. It’s about showing appreciation for our medical community and essential workers. It’s also a fun way to unitedly express ourselves and maybe let off a little steam due to the cabin fever caused by this quarantine.

It really is a nice thing and very heart-warming, certainly not “incredibly sad.”
Ok so it's not people losing their minds. Good

every night at 11:22 I go outside on my deck and play that old tune by Rip Louder...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes