Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 35.7% at NE: 64.3%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

patman12

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Some stores already have that policy, which has in many cases led to arguments and, yes, even several fights. You should not place the burden of enforcing such a policy on the 78 year woman who greets shoppers at Wal Mart.

Creating such a mandate without enforcing it is worthless, and there's no feasible way to enforce it.
How do places enforce the ‘no shirt, no shoes, no service policy’? Do they view that as just a friendly suggestion that they are willing to overlook if a customer chooses to go shoeless or do they strictly police it? Obviously, masks are a matter of protecting public health, so it’s of greater concern but businesses probably have some sort of workflow in place already that can be adapted.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Ridiculous. Look at his performance over the 3 games in 2018-2019 playoffs. One bad quarter, 11 EXCELLENT quarters. And great in OT.

Really? You're second guessing 2016? 2014?

Preposterous.

You're about to have a rude awakening when it comes to QBing because we just saw the best performance EVER and the best QB ever, and the replacements are not going to come close to him. Not within a country mile.

Ridiculous!
Preposterous!

I watched Jim Plunkett, Steve Grogan, Matt Cavanaugh, Tony Eason, Hugh Millen, Tommy Hodson, Marc Wilson, Bledsoe, Zolak, Brady, Cassell.......I'm going to watch whoever takes the field the next time they play.........it's only a rude awakening if you're constantly sitting there, rubbing your junk over what's going to happen next........it's fun entertainment that's the context for me getting together with my buddies to drink beer, eat snacks, and carry on having fun.....

even the best movies you can only watch so many times

patman12

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
The historical data from the hard hit, past-their-peak states does not support that idea of a lag of any duration greater than a week. I've been hearing Texas deaths will spike "within 2 weeks" for 5+ weeks now.

There was an article published a couple weeks ago discussing the discovery of a mutation for Covid, one which is 10 times more contagious than the previous iteration, but also less deadly. We just might be seeing that manifesting right now. (As with all things Covid, whenever some scientist reports something about it, a report saying the exact opposite surfaces soon afterward. This mutation theory is no different, so I guess it's really just a matter of what you want to believe)
Don’t get so fixated on deaths. The recent spike is mainly impacting younger groups that typically survive Covid. The danger is that the younger, infected interact with older parents/grandparents, who are at higher risk of death due to age and comorbid conditions.

An important metric with these spikes is hospitalizations. Overwhelming healthcare resources was the whole reason to flatten the curve.

lancerman

In the Starting Line-Up
the pats drafted a QB in rounds 2 or 3 every 3 years......in 2008, it was Kevin O'Connell, in 2011, it was Ryan Mallett, in 2014, it was Jimmy Garoppolo. It was a pattern of having a decent young backup in case the old guy went south. they drafted QB's when he was 31, 34, 37 like any rational team should do.......so what suddenly became the problem in 2014? the pats didn't change, brady did
The problem was Jimmy was a 2nd round pick who had a decent amount of hype and many people did speculate that Brady who hadn’t won a SB in 9 seasons up to that point and was coming off a pretty bad 2013 by his standards might be dealing with a real successor and threat to his position. And tbf the first quarter of 2014 did have the “Brady’s done” talks and benching him for Jimmy against KC was another sticking point. Also internally people were very high on Jimmy and Brady knew that.

So yeah the situation around him did change. He was not the SB QB challenging for GOAT status. He was the guy who looked like he got his best days out of the way his first 6 years in and was always coming up short and then a young lion who was very hyped was entering a building where he was being questioned as to how long term he was.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
The problem was Jimmy was a 2nd round pick who had a decent amount of hype and many people did speculate that Brady who hadn’t won a SB in 9 seasons up to that point and was coming off a pretty bad 2013 by his standards might be dealing with a real successor and threat to his position. And tbf the first quarter of 2014 did have the “Brady’s done” talks and benching him for Jimmy against KC was another sticking point. Also internally people were very high on Jimmy and Brady knew that.

So yeah the situation around him did change. He was not the SB QB challenging for GOAT status. He was the guy who looked like he got his best days out of the way his first 6 years in and was always coming up short and then a young lion who was very hyped was entering a building where he was being questioned as to how long term he was.

Mallett was taken with the 74th pick, Garoppolo with the 62nd........not much of a difference......more noise was made about Mallett.......it still followed the pattern of what the pats did.

upstater1

Pro Bowl Player
Ridiculous!
Preposterous!

I watched Jim Plunkett, Steve Grogan, Matt Cavanaugh, Tony Eason, Hugh Millen, Tommy Hodson, Marc Wilson, Bledsoe, Zolak, Brady, Cassell.......I'm going to watch whoever takes the field the next time they play.........it's only a rude awakening if you're constantly sitting there, rubbing your junk over what's going to happen next........it's fun entertainment that's the context for me getting together with my buddies to drink beer, eat snacks, and carry on having fun.....

even the best movies you can only watch so many times

have no idea what you're trying to say

I know I never got tired of watching Brady dominate. Is that what you're saying?

lancerman

In the Starting Line-Up
Mallett was taken with the 74th pick, Garoppolo with the 62nd........not much of a difference......more noise was made about Mallett.......it still followed the pattern of what the pats did.
Mallet was also taken in 2011 when Brady was 34 and just came off a unanimous MVP season and everyone was high on him.

Jimmy came in during a 2014 season when Brady was 37 and would be in his 40’s before his rookie contract ended and just came off one of the 3 worst seasons of his career that got people questioning him and quite frankly was 3 years further away from his last SB and was at probably the bleakest period of his time in New England.

Again the dynamics were different. Jimmy was viewed as a successor and Brady was being questioned. Mallet was being viewed as a back up and Brady was looking like a study still in his prime

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Right, and if you had a mandate then the 78 year old women could just call the cops and they could remove that person for her. And if that fight happened, the legality of any charges would be against the person not following the mandate and causing the altercation. Make it clear that every business can refuse service for not following the mandate or could be subject to health violation fines for not enforcing it.
Bit of a slip there, remember #defundthepolice?

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
have no idea what you're trying to say

I know I never got tired of watching Brady dominate. Is that what you're saying?

yes.....watching your team win football games is more fun than watching them lose. It's entertainment and not a bit more

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Mallet was also taken in 2011 when Brady was 34 and just came off a unanimous MVP season and everyone was high on him.

Jimmy came in during a 2014 season when Brady was 37 and would be in his 40’s before his rookie contract ended and just came off one of the 3 worst seasons of his career that got people questioning him and quite frankly was 3 years further away from his last SB and was at probably the bleakest period of his time in New England.

Again the dynamics were different. Jimmy was viewed as a successor and Brady was being questioned. Mallet was being viewed as a back up and Brady was looking like a study still in his prime

so what.....the pats are supposed to stop drafting QB's once Brady gets old? like I said, the team didn't change, Brady did.....as much as Brady achieved with the Pats, in the end, he' just a player and nobody owes him anything.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
Right, and if you had a mandate then the 78 year old women could just call the cops and they could remove that person for her.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that brings me back to my original comment. In today's climate, it will not go over well when the police arrive to forcibly remove - or arrest - someone for not wearing a mask. Especially if that someone is a black male.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
How do places enforce the ‘no shirt, no shoes, no service policy’?
I've never worked at such places so I honestly don't know. However, I don't think there are lot amounts of people vehemently opposed to wearing shirts and shoes. There are, however, large numbers of people who aren't wearing masks.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
Don’t get so fixated on deaths.
Sorry, but I consider deaths the single most important stat.
The recent spike is mainly impacting younger groups that typically survive Covid. The danger is that the younger, infected interact with older parents/grandparents, who are at higher risk of death due to age and comorbid conditions.
Yes I understand the theory, but there's just no evidence that that is happen in large numbers at this time.

It's not like those young people are being forced into nursing homes in FL, TX and AZ. I mean, who would be stupid to order such a thing??

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
the pats drafted a QB in rounds 2 or 3 every 3 years......in 2008, it was Kevin O'Connell, in 2011, it was Ryan Mallett, in 2014, it was Jimmy Garoppolo. It was a pattern of having a decent young backup in case the old guy went south. they drafted QB's when he was 31, 34, 37 like any rational team should do.......so what suddenly became the problem in 2014? the pats didn't change, brady did
Belichick also made some very pointed remarks about Brady's age when he drafted JG. And was clearly taking JG more seriously than he had many previous picks.

I will go to my grave believing that the presence JG of extended Brady's career and kicked off Dynasty Part II.

After the knee injury in 2008 Brady was much more a statute in the pocket for years, long after it had healed. Same thing into the start of the 2014 season.

Then we had the KC debacle and Brady being benched in the second half.

And suddenly, after years of it being gone, starting with the Bengals game Brady started re-displaying his pocket movement of old. He could have done that at any time but only did it when he finally felt threatened.

Last edited:

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
I'm happy to see someone finally set a firm date range on when they expect to see deaths surge. I hope and expect you'll be wrong, but I've been hearing the death surge is coming for weeks now too and I'm starting to wonder if Florida will be under water before that happens.
Like you I’m no expert on Covid. I think deaths should start ticking upward within a few weeks. Will it be 2000 people dying in two weeks? Of course not. But death numbers will rise either slowly or rapidly.

It could take 3-4 weeks. I don’t know. But people were celebrating that cases hadn’t exploded several weeks after Memorial Day and thought it was over then numbers have ballooned.

Let’s see what happens this month.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Sorry, but I consider deaths the single most important stat.
Yes I understand the theory, but there's just no evidence that that is happen in large numbers at this time.

It's not like those young people are being forced into nursing homes in FL, TX and AZ. I mean, who would be stupid to order such a thing??
If deaths are the single most important stat we are clearly in a bad spot. 125,000 people is a lot when we aren’t even out of the first wave.

lancerman

In the Starting Line-Up
so what.....the pats are supposed to stop drafting QB's once Brady gets old? like I said, the team didn't change, Brady did.....as much as Brady achieved with the Pats, in the end, he' just a player and nobody owes him anything.
No the situation absolutely did change. It went from drafting back ups to drafting potential successors and the team having you in future plans to toying around with the plans including someone besides you. In that respect, yeah something different happened with the Patriots and it’s not all Brady changing arbitrarily.

The Pats can do whatever they want. However Brady can absolutely say, “ok this time you drafted a QB in the 2nd round that has a real pedigree and you are considering him as a replacement and you clearly aren’t as high on me as a few years ago. This is different from before and I will react differently”

Like I said the end reality was 4 SB appearances and 3 wins and always being in the hunt every year. So who cares how he reacted when it was a benefit to the team.

lancerman

In the Starting Line-Up
Bit of a slip there, remember #defundthepolice?
Defund the police never meant end all police departments. Dude genius argument only a person who routinely tries to deceive people would make. Your character is showing