Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta love it.

pats1 said:
Gotta love it.

While the custodial staff in the RCA Dome is mopping Polian's brain matter off the press box floor.

Observing the performance ... and non-performance ... by certain of the picked officials doing last night's and this afternoon's AFC games, i have had to ask myself ... in this age of very-high-stakes sports gambling, and league marketing desiderata ... is it even reasonable to expect clean play (or replay) calls?

You're not kidding because a Denver vs. Seattle SB would deliver the worst SB ratings in modern history.

Tags better hope the Steelers have one left in them....

Brady'sButtBoy said:
You're not kidding because a Denver vs. Seattle SB would deliver the worst SB ratings in modern history.

Tags better hope the Steelers have one left in them....

Tags new favourite team is Da Bears...

LOL @ a Seattle/Carolina vs. Denver SB.

I wonder if the NFL is becoming professional boxing or even wrestling. The calls in this weeks games were just totally sick. Did Tags tell the ref that the Polamalu pick was no good. Worse call then last night.

pats1 said:
Gotta love it.

Yeah. I was still naive enough to think that maybe things were on the up and up after the call on Asante, but when Polamalu's INT was disallowed, it was clear that the fix was in to get Manning into the SB...they gave him the easiest schedule of any contender, bent over backwards to keep NE out of the Conference Championship and then gave him another chance today...but justice prevailed!

You know, I wonder about this. I got a chuckle out of the posts on this thread, but still believe things are on the up and up.
There's just this small, nagging doubt....
Nah, couldn't be.

What do they say, " innocent until proven guilty, without reasonable doubt" I am a reasonable person and I am having a hard time believing the fix wasn;t in this weekend.

Very cynical post on this thread about the officiating.

I tend to believe that it's incompetent officiating along with arrogance and gutlessness, rather than a grand sceme.

PATSNUTme said:
Very cynical post on this thread about the officiating.

I tend to believe that it's incompetent officiating along with arrogance and gutlessness, rather than a grand sceme.

I live in New York, and I have a bridge to sell you...

PatsFanSince74 said:
I live in New York, and I have a bridge to sell you...
You also have no evidence and no convincing rationale as to why the NFL would care who wins. Year-to-year variations in SB ratings don't mean anything to the NFL, since the contracts are already signed telling them exactly what rights $$$ they will get from the networks for the next few years.

Anyone who believes the NFL is orchestrating games to get the matchup they want is hypocritical unless they also agree with the BS that the Rams fans spewed, that the NFL unfairly favored the Patriots in 2001.

I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes