PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Somebody needs to stop Seth Wickersham; another Patriots book in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Related - hopefully we get a "Last Dance" or similar type of series out of the Patriots

after the hit piece he wrote, putting all the rumored innuendo about Brady/The Pats cheating, I can't imaging anyone proclaiming themselves a Patriots fan or even a Brady fan would spend a plug nickle for this... book...

Wickersham? Pass.

As for Seth Wickersham being the author, all that means is that it's only something that you can use to wipe your butt with. Claiming that "he's been here since the beginning is a crock of sh*t". If this had been authored by Reiss or Holley, then it would worth investing in.

Wickersham can produce 50 anonymous sources that can verify he was "there from the very beginning." If you don't believe that, he can come up with 30 more, each more anonymous than the last.

Starting to leak out details about the book, right before the Brady vs. Belichick matchup.

Kraft b-tching about BB as an ahole in Colorado will make things awkward.

I don't know if it was a different article but Brady told Kraft in Kraft's house that he wanted an out when his contract ended (no franchise tag) and he already put his house up for sale in the offseason after the 2018 Superbowl. That speaks volumes.

More BB slander? Brady boys be like

giphy.gif

Kraft complained about BB… is this like that time Wickersham said Brady locked JimmyG out of the TB12 center and two beat reporters discovered Jimmy had his own key to get in?

Guy was excommunicated from Foxboro years ago, but we’re supposed to believe he has insider access… he’s a clown and a fraud.

I don't know if it was a different article but Brady told Kraft in Kraft's house that he wanted an out when his contract ended (no franchise tag) and he already put his house up for sale in the offseason after the 2018 Superbowl. That speaks volumes.

The fact Brady's contract wasn't guaranteed, but instead had incentives, after 28-3 SB is what caught me by surprise.

Ian - can you merge this thread with the other one?

The fact Brady's contract wasn't guaranteed, but instead had incentives, after 28-3 SB is what caught me by surprise.
You should be surprised how your Chiefs "D" is less than adequate.

Everyone knows this and why is it relevant? Belichick didn't want to sign him for more than a year. That's all we've talked about since forever.

This is common all around the NFL for cap purposes. You make easy incentives that allow you to push them forward into the following year if you need to. Incentives are converted to guaranteed money. There is absolutely no controversy over this at all. It just gives you flexibility, the player makes the same amount of money.

I just read all of that. In addition to almost everything in there being known or expected, there's a pile of Wickersham nonsense too: "The strain within the franchise had been coming for years, the book says. At one point years earlier, if there was an NFL franchise in Los Angeles, Brady might have tried to force a trade there, according to those close to him."

What the hell does this mean?

"If the NFL had a franchise in Brazil, Giselle would have forced a trade to Rio!"

The only thing new in there was that Belichick has a close relationship with Goodell. Do I believe it? Does that come from Goodell? Goodell called Belichick a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes