PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Patriots fans need to get over themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm not naming names and not saying it's all of us. The guilty ones know who I'm talking about. Except for the one that has me on his "I refuse to listen to a differing opinion" list.

The past 4 years, all we have heard from our opponents is things like..."The better team didn't win today." And of course out flew a million "No Respect" threads. Well ya know what? This game played out like alot of our games did. Our offense had it's way with the Broncos defense UNTIL it mattered. Then they made plays that broke our backs.

Yes, there were bad calls and I won't deny that. The thing is, we have taken advantage of plenty of those bad calls ourselves. It's hypocritical for you to start griping about it now and anyone with any common sense is going to call you on it.

So in closing, I congratulate the Broncos on a great win. I also would request that you either.

A- Nut up and just acknowledge the Broncos victory as just that. A victory, not us gift wrapping a win for them.

B- Shut the hell up. You're embarrassing this great fan base and even greater team.

Maybe you need to get over yourself because you aren't always right either. The Patriots did give the game to Denver. 100%. Denver was the better team but only by being a zero while the Patriots were a negative. The fact that the Patriots have won games in a similar manner before is irrelevant.

BelichickFan said:
Maybe you need to get over yourself because you aren't always right either. The Patriots did give the game to Denver. 100%. Denver was the better team but only by being a zero while the Patriots were a negative. The fact that the Patriots have won games in a similar manner before is irrelevant.

I concur that he needs to can it. That was a game clearly decided by the refs, and the Steelers-Colts game nearly was too. The refs have been awful this season, they cost the Patriots horribly in their game, and damn near did the same to Pittsburgh. It's not whining or excuse making when it's true.

BelichickFan said:

I may not be right all the time but I guarantee NFL fans all around the country are laughing at fans like you just as much as we've laughed at Colts and Steelers fans in the past.

This is exactly why I want to finish this tape breakdown quickly. I want answers.

Richter said:
I concur that he needs to can it. That was a game clearly decided by the refs, and the Steelers-Colts game nearly was too. The refs have been awful this season, they cost the Patriots horribly in their game, and damn near did the same to Pittsburgh. It's not whining or excuse making when it's true.
I don't blame the refs, I blame the Patriots. Sure, we could well have won without that call but the Faulk fumble and Brady INT were it IMO. And they weren't forced takeaways, they were stupid giveaways. The Patriots didn't play well enough to win but that doesn't mean Denver impressed because they didn't.

BelichickFan said:
I don't blame the refs, I blame the Patriots. Sure, we could well have won without that call but the Faulk fumble and Brady INT were it IMO. And they weren't forced takeaways, they were stupid giveaways. The Patriots didn't play well enough to win but that doesn't mean Denver impressed because they didn't.

That's a very good start.

NEM said:
Get off yhour holier than thou act. We lost, we lmade mistakes, the officiating sucked, Denver got handed 14 points, our offensive play calling sucked when it was needed most...and it all combined for a disappointing loss...and mouthing off about it is part of being a fan...good, or bad....

If you dont like it, tough crap. But many in here have to get things out of their system, including me, and comments like yours only make it worse.

And if you cant feel that pain...then I question what kind f a fan you truly are.
Have a nice day.... but keep out of other people's business and minds.

What a bitter fan base after 3 out of 4 Superbowl wins....I still have yet to see any proof that would over turn the Bailey fumble....just a lot of "Basic physics tells you, blah blah blah blah, im a tool, blah blah" Cmon people, scrub the sand out of your vaginas, would ya?

Well, this is the way I see it, we can analyze and analyze and re-analyze it over and over again. But, facts being facts, our season is OVER. Though I believe the PI call was indeed a travesty, had we not fumbled the ball, they would have not been in position to score that TD. When we were up 3-0 and driving, the Broncos were lifeless at that point. Then, our players (not the refs), threw an INT in the endzone, down 10-6, that went back for 100 yards. We can debate whether the ball went out the endzone or not (sorry but it was inconclusive). Had Brady not made that mistake, again we would not have been in that position. So, in my opinion, give credit to Denver for making us pay for our mistakes, but we did just as much damage to ourselves as Denver did (if not more). Denver played well and we made way too many mistakes in a road playoff game to win it. Yes, the refs suck indeed, they are the worst. But, from what I have seen they have been chronically horrible everywhere the past few years.

Just my $ 0.02 worth

EZ76

> The past 4 years, all we have heard from our opponents is things like..."The better team didn't
> win today." .... Well ya know what? This game played out like alot of our games did.

Absolutely agree. I couldn't help thinking during the game that the Broncos pulled off a Patriot-like victory. A lot of those games Huskeralk alludes had our opponents marking up the Pats as just getting "lucky"; but i knew the Pats created their own luck in those games by pass rush pressure, and the pressure of forcing people to come from behind. So i gotta give the same respect to Denver.

NEM said:
Get off yhour holier than thou act. We lost, we lmade mistakes, the officiating sucked, Denver got handed 14 points, our offensive play calling sucked when it was needed most...and it all combined for a disappointing loss...and mouthing off about it is part of being a fan...good, or bad....

If you dont like it, tough crap. But many in here have to get things out of their system, including me, and comments like yours only make it worse.

And if you cant feel that pain...then I question what kind f a fan you truly are.
Have a nice day.... but keep out of other people's business and minds.

He can't feel the pain because he not a Patriots fan. He's not a fan of anyone or anything besides himself.

He's a professional a-hole.

BigEZPatsFan76 said:
Well, this is the way I see it, we can analyze and analyze and re-analyze it over and over again. But, facts being facts, our season is OVER. Though I believe the PI call was indeed a travesty, had we not fumbled the ball, they would have not been in position to score that TD. When we were up 3-0 and driving, the Broncos were lifeless at that point. Then, our players (not the refs), threw an INT in the endzone, down 10-6, that went back for 100 yards. We can debate whether the ball went out the endzone or not (sorry but it was inconclusive). Had Brady not made that mistake, again we would not have been in that position. So, in my opinion, give credit to Denver for making us pay for our mistakes, but we did just as much damage to ourselves as Denver did (if not more). Denver played well and we made way too many mistakes in a road playoff game to win it. Yes, the refs suck indeed, they are the worst. But, from what I have seen they have been chronically horrible everywhere the past few years.

Just my $ 0.02 worth

EZ76

Thank you, I can accept that analysis.

BelichickFan said:
Amen! and NEM, I hate to differ, but its 17, not 14 points. They didn't call the false start on the FG either.

PATSNUTme said:
He can't feel the pain because he not a Patriots fan. He's not a fan of anyone or anything besides himself.

Nah, he's right, you guys should really listen to yourselves....I know the majority of the posters on this board are passionate football fans, then you have the real cheesedicks who can't believe they legitimately lost...

NEM said:
Au contraire. Yes, we had some terrible turnovers, but even with them, the two very questinable calls were worth 21 points to the Broncos.a 14 point turnover on the interceptions minus 7 for us, plus 7 for them.And another 7 points on the PI.
Remind me of the bad call on an interception ? My memory must be going bad but I don't recall that . . .

(not doubting you, I just forgot)

broncoted said:
Nah, he's right, you guys should really listen to yourselves....I know the majority of the posters on this board are passionate football fans, then you have the real cheesedicks who can't believe they legitimately lost...

Don't you have a Steelers board to go troll on. Or, does that come tomorrow in troll country.

Never can figure oot why you jerks can't celebrate your win with your own fans. Maybe they think your an a-hole too.

NEM said:
Au contraire. Yes, we had some terrible turnovers, but even with them, the two very questinable calls were worth 21 points to the Broncos.a 14 point turnover on the interceptions minus 7 for us, plus 7 for them.And another 7 points on the PI.
Hey, bad calls happen, all the time, but those two were crucial and completely changed the tenure of the game.

You know what I just thought of here, and I don't know if you're a Red Sox fan, but the umps reversed two critical calls in game 6 of the 2004 ALSC, because they were trying to get it right. Those reversals might have just saved the Red Sox arse and allowed them to keep going and end the curse. I think baseball may be ahead of football right now in trying to get officiating right.

NEM said:
Hey, bad calls happen, all the time, but those two were crucial and completely changed the tenure of the game.

Oh its 21 points now??? hahahahahaha oh brother......Ok, I'll bite, how did Bailey intercepting the ball preventing you from getting 7 in the first place was illegitimate? I've got to hear this one....

(whispering to self: what an idiot)

If Faulk didn't fumble there'd have been to bad PI call. Even with that call, there was plenty of opportunity to win. If the other "bad call" was Champ at the 1 yard line, there was no evidence to overturn that call. The Patriots lost because you cannot win when you have 5 turnovers, 4 of which lead to TD's. They gave the Bronco's a short field. The Bronco's played near error free football, like the Patriots usually do, but the Patriots played like anti-Patriots. Give the Bronco's credit for playing an almost mistake free game. The biggest play of that game wasn't Samuel's PI call, it was Brady's throw to Champ Bailey. A 14 point turnaround. Blaming the refs is just baseless, classless whining.

PATSNUTme said:

Ironic, this dude claims he has me ignored but just can't stay away from my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back