• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So who do we want to face(if we are to defeat Indianapolis)? Also inb4 just focus on Indy. We don't play the game. We can speculate all we want.

I'm thinking Green Bay. Green Bay would suck a million times more to lose to though. I wouldn't be able to take Rodgers beating Brady I'd cut myself off from the internet for a year.

I just can't root for anyone. It feels too much like Be careful what you wish for. I know I don't play the game but I can't help it. It's like the last Giants Superbowl. It seemed karmic that they were the ones who advanced. But it was the SOS. So we play who we play. I'm resigned to it. Truthfully, I'd rather play neither. I know, lame.

Green Bay. I want a do-over of the '96 game. It was hard enough dealing with Reggie White & Desmond Howard, while having your coach busy packing his bags for to leave for the JESTs later that night. Perhaps if Parcells hadn't been such a frikkin' narcissist Bledsoe and the Patriots might have had a real chance to win that game.

GB. No question. Even with a healthy Rodgers, I like our chance to win. On the other hand I don't think we can beat Seattle. Their d is too good.

I just can't root for anyone. It feels too much like Be careful what you wish for. I know I don't play the game but I can't help it. It's like the last Giants Superbowl. It seemed karmic that they were the ones who advanced. But it was the SOS. So we play who we play. I'm resigned to it. Truthfully, I'd rather play neither. I know, lame.

Ohhhh what happened to all that tough talk earlier? Uh huh ;)

I will root for neither. Bring on the best team. Though I wouldn't want a hobbled Rodgers. I hope he is healthy.

100% green bay...trying to contain wilson sucks and that D is still VERY good. GBs D is not

I despise Richard Sherman and think Seattle is a better team, so go Pack!

Packers, barring injuries changing things

I don't know. Both are really tough and pose different problems. The Patriots have to get there first and then play their best game of the season.

In all likelihood I will root for the Packers because I want payback, but if they get there I will simply enjoy it.

I'm in the minority here but I voted hawks. I really think we could do a number on their offense, and though there d is tougher, I still can't see them stopping Gronk. Aaron Rogers is a bad man and he shredded us in Lambeau (don't say he didn't, they punted twice.) Give me a shot at the hawks and Bradys Facebook will read "U MAD BRO?"

Edit: I also don't think there big long corners can cover Edelman.

dont want rodgers...even if he's semi hurt.
seattle offense isn't explosive. keep wilson in the pocket/make him beat you with his arm, if he does too bad. plus, their receivers are worse than ours!:D their line is also shaky in pass protection but we don't have any pass rush so that doesn't matter.

against green bay, i feel like rodgers will shred us with all day to throw....

plus, we'd be underdogs against seattle which i like. we have played very well recently as dogs. not many will give us a chance.

GB. No question. Even with a healthy Rodgers, I like our chance to win. On the other hand I don't think we can beat Seattle. Their d is too good.
It really doesn't who NE plays if they punch their ticket next Sunday! Traditionally the Pats perform well against #1 defenses! I guess this means Seattle!

I'm thinking Green Bay. Green Bay would suck a million times more to lose to though. I wouldn't be able to take Rodgers beating Brady I'd cut myself off from the internet for a year.

We'd beat GB comfortably on a neutral field. No need to worry.

Seattle would be much tougher.

patriots. it requires a lot of luck to be the final 2 so dont care about the other game right now, especially since our game is after this game. just want us to win.

Oh, but see I am not playing the game. If I were playing I'd take Seattle and then I and my stitched up vagina would destroy.
Haha! Best/grossest post ever. You are the best!

This question sucks, can they both lose? It's all about legacy for me. Best case scenario is Brady beating Rodgers on the biggest stage, proving that he's #1 and securing his position as the GOAT. Worse case scenario is Rodgers beating Brady and starting to build the case that he is the true GOAT and Brady is #2 at best. If they beat Seattle, Brady will still secure the GOAT but how good this Seattle team is will likely be lost to history, like the 2003 Panthers or the 2004 Eagles. Beating Aaron Rodgers would be much more memorable in the long run. On the other hand losing to Seattle wouldn't be that bad. Everyone will remember how dominant they were these past two years and it won't hurt Brady's legacy at all.

Ultimately I think the Pats would have a better shot against GB, it would definitely be a tough game though. Because I am a human and like most most humans am quite loss averse, my instinctive feeling would be to hope for Seattle-there's just less on the line. However, correcting for this loss aversion I should probably root for GB. I don't know, I hope every player on both teams gets injured, the Colts lose, and the Pats get to play against a practice squad in the Super Bowl. That's our best chance.

Fourth option needed: Meteor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back