PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what's the deal on Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGameguy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I loved the pick. Every draft publication I have seen says that he is fearless going over the middle, one of them saying he was the best at it in this draft. So why is everyone questioning his toughness?

DGameguy said:
I loved the pick. Every draft publication I have seen says that he is fearless going over the middle, one of them saying he was the best at it in this draft. So why is everyone questioning his toughness?
He has a reputation for being soft- possibly undeserved-at Florida stemming from an incident in the Peach Bowl 2 years ago against Miami when he avoided a hit. It's not a red flag, but we're so used to Givens it will be something to watch for. There's no doubt Jackson has the potential to be great.

yeah it was 2 years ago..a sophomore WR .. going against 1 of nations best Ds in 04. i wouldnt worry..bill knows what hes doing and wouldnt take him if hes soft..i'll tell you hes no Givens in strength and all but hes a very good player

Ok good. I thought it was interesting that BB devoted so much time with him on schemes and whatnot. 4 or 5 visits with him apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots