PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So I guess bill didn't actually believe in Stidham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t think they were negotiating and Bill wasn’t aware all offseason whet his status was. Everyone knew at least 3 QB’s were getting signed before him and most of the teams that needed QB’s were going draft. Cam wasn’t signing to play back up unless it was a golden situation
Um, Cam had no other offers. Period.

Competition.

I believed in Stidham to lead this team to Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields

I believed in Stidham to lead this team to Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields
My thoughts on Stid was either play great or suck right away so we can move on. There literally zero reason to think he’s worth anything

Oy. Not very hopeful for this season, if it ever starts.

No. Maybe draft a QB the last three years.

They did, and you think he sucks despite having absolutely nothing to support it other than your uninformed opinion.

You know why? Because we don't have a starting caliber QB on the roster. We have three crappy back-ups, one of which is injury prone.

no. Cam Newton is a starting caliber QB.

no. Cam Newton is a starting caliber QB.

Is he, though? I mean, isn't that part of the issue/question? This is Cam in his last four seasons (The last is just 2 games, but it's all we have to go on from last year):

Cam Newton Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I think he's a legitimate NFL starter, but one can reasonably question whether or not he's been a starter-level NFL QB during most of that stretch. Also, nine seasons played (full or in part), but only two of those with a QB rating above 90, only one of those with a better than 2:1 TD:INT ratio, and only three seasons with a completion percentage at 60% or better.

Is Cam healthy? If so, can he be an actual QB, or is he just a big strong runner who can throw the ball a little? That's what people will be asking.

No vodka, just pure skepticism and distrust of the NFL front office. These 2 announcements were 16 minutes apart. That’s my thought process. Do we really think there wasn’t pressure to sign Kaepernick, then we moved forward with Cam. It’s a good value signing, but the timing is very suspicious to me. And, no, I’m not a conspiracy theorist, and I’m a recovering alcoholic. Haven’t had a drink in years...

Last edited:
Is he, though? I mean, isn't that part of the issue/question? This is Cam in his last four seasons (The last is just 2 games, but it's all we have to go on from last year):

Cam Newton Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I think he's a legitimate NFL starter, but one can reasonably question whether or not he's been a starter-level NFL QB during most of that stretch. Also, nine seasons played (full or in part), but only two of those with a QB rating above 90, only one of those with a better than 2:1 TD:INT ratio, and only three seasons with a completion percentage at 60% or better.

Is Cam healthy? If so, can he be an actual QB, or is he just a big strong runner who can throw the ball a little? That's what people will be asking.
I don't see how his skill sets favor our current offense at all. We are not Baltimore. We are not Seattle. We have been running a concept based passing attack for 20 years with Josh as the main OC for the last decade +. So now we sign Cam on June 28 with the PA advising against player practices and we are going to magically morph into a team that can be successful with his skills? This is shaping up to be a nightmare. Clearly Bill was caught napping when Brady said see ya.

I don't see how his skill sets favor our current offense at all. We are not Baltimore. We are not Seattle. We have been running a concept based passing attack for 20 years with Josh as the main OC for the last decade +. So now we sign Cam on June 28 with the PA advising against player practices and we are going to magically morph into a team that can be successful with his skills? This is shaping up to be a nightmare. Clearly Bill was caught napping when Brady said see ya.
BB has changed his offense throughout the years. The RPO type offense is starting to take over and McDaniels ran this with Tebow in Denver. You won’t see Newton or Stidum running the offense Brady ran. That would be a nightmare.

Amazing to me how some geniuses on this board seem to somehow know that a 31 year old Cam Newton is completely "washed". He is 4 years younger than Brian Hoyer and 12 years younger than Brady and did suffer some bad injuries the past 2 years.
Does that mean its impossible for him to return to his previous high caliber form? Of course not.

Complete drivel to dismiss Newton as done.
In 2018 (just 2 years ago he had a 67% completion % and threw for 27 TDs.

Give the guy a chance before you say he is done. Have you seen him work out? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Did you say the same about: Peyton Manning before he threw for 50 touchdowns, Tom Brady after ACL tear, Adrian Peterson, Rich Gannon, Drew Brees?, Carson Palmer, Joe Montana?

Cam Newton's foot injury has reportedly healed well, QB on track to resume practice following bye

Amazing to me how some geniuses on this board seem to somehow know that a 31 year old Cam Newton is completely "washed". He is 4 years younger than Brian Hoyer and 12 years younger than Brady and did suffer some bad injuries the past 2 years.
Does that mean its impossible for him to return to his previous high caliber form? Of course not.

Complete drivel to dismiss Newton as done.
In 2018 (just 2 years ago he had a 67% completion % and threw for 27 TDs.

Give the guy a chance before you say he is done. Have you seen him work out? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Did you say the same about: Peyton Manning before he threw for 50 touchdowns, Tom Brady after ACL tear, Adrian Peterson, Carson Palmer, Joe Montana

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes