PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Brady was chapped with McDaniels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth to the rumor that Brady left the Patriots because Bobby ruined their in at Orchid’s of Asia? I would think that would strain the relationship

I can't believe I'm listening to Elvis :D

It was time to move on.

Brady wanted his best chance to win a championship and play with superstar weapons. The Pats couldn't afford that.
Couldn't afford it? It was more like weren't competent enough to provide it.

The Pats wanted to clear his cap hit off the books and start again before Stidham completely exhausted his rookie contract.
Didn't they just take a $13M cap charge? How is that clearing anything?

It was a win/win for both sides...
How is it a win for us when we'll lose at least twice as often than we did last year?

After reading all these articles from these so-called expert insiders, it seems that Brady wanted to be the Patriots QB, coach, general manager, director of player personnel and offensive co-ordinator.
I guess Kraft got rid of him before he began gunning for the owners job too

Not really new info. Christian Fauria said on the radio months ago the relationship between Brady and McDaniels was not as strong as it once was. They were talking about if Brady would follow McDaniels if he took a head coaching job and Fauria said no way, they didn’t hate each other or anything like that but they weren’t as close as they once had been.

Couldn't afford it? It was more like weren't competent enough to provide it.

Didn't they just take a $13M cap charge? How is that clearing anything?

How is it a win for us when we'll lose at least twice as often than we did last year?
Yes, they weren't "competent," outside of the 16 AFC East titles, AFC championships in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 championships. Beyond that they sucked.:thumbsup:

They took a 13.5 million dollar dead cap hit because they were paying Tom year to year, borrowing from the future to make the cap hit more palatable. They have always manipulated his contracts this way. If they signed him this year they would have a monster dead cap hit again in two or three years when he retired.

Lastly, you have zero idea how Stidham will play, stop pretending like you do.

media strikes again. Don't you guys just love the crap they report? They don't know why Brady left no one will talk about it. So they just make sh!t up. Media so awesome. They are the worst human beings on the planet.

Can we close the thread ?

No. I don’t believe this. I choose not to. In fact I am now convinced that McDaniels had Kraft call the traffickers in Florida to hold Tom’s family hostage unless he publicly denied this story. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t have the very much alive Aaron Hernandez who obviously faked his death to take part in this intimidation tactic.

There is a scandal here and I won’t be satisfied until Ted Wells has had a look

I've been working for my boss for 8 years...I'm sick of his bulls**t.
Your working relationship might suffer if you made your feelings apparent on the sidelines with top management and in the media.

Brady planted the story he wanted to be back in the news, just kidding. Maybe he did.

Why would you give a clearly declining player more input than you gave him in his prime?

You wouldn't and they didn't.. I think as Brady grew his brand and business he naturally became more interested in the management side of an operation. Understandable. Eventually he knew he wouldn't be able to get it done on the field and perhaps wanted to use his vast knowledge to help in coaching/personnel/play design, etc. He won because of his brain not his athleticism - why wouldn't he naturally want to expand his contribution in that way?

fake news

fake news
I agree it may not be a true story, Gary Meyers is a hack, and has as many sources inside the Patriots as I do. But is there a more insipid saying than "fake news" ? It's like it was created by a 6 year old.

Myers is a Brady lover and Belichick hater. That puts this rumor into its proper perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down