PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SNF - Bolts vs Stillers

What happened was the drunk guy told ole head butt his favorite baseball team is the Red Sox. That’s when the saber rattling started

What’s with all these wanna be tough guys taking sucker shots at football games?

I hope the kid who head butted the drunk overweight guy is in jail right now. That’s flat out felony assault and also an insanely cowardly move
And he was offsides!

Regards,
Chris

Steelers have up a blog blaming the 3 offsides penalties on the Chargers' long snapper, who apparently has a habit of twisting/spinning the football shortly before snapping it.

Pre-snap ball movement by Chargers’ long snapper may have caused Steelers to jump offside

But... it he always does it, and it's never called, why are the Steelers unprepared?

mike-tomlin-overreactions14.jpg

I’ll never understand the concept of using one's head as a weapon. My head is one of the most important parts of me.
Fake tough guy thing. At that close of a range, an elbow/forearm to the jaw is far more effective.

Steelers have up a blog blaming the 3 offsides penalties on the Chargers' long snapper, who apparently has a habit of twisting/spinning the football shortly before snapping it.

Pre-snap ball movement by Chargers’ long snapper may have caused Steelers to jump offside

But... it he always does it, and it's never called, why are the Steelers unprepared?

mike-tomlin-overreactions14.jpg
Interesting analysis but it just doesn't hold water when you consider this has never been a problem before, even in the same game.

Let's just call it what it is: The Steelers were being ultra-aggressive in trying to time the snap perfectly. They had nothing to lose. It's not like they could give SD a first down to continue the drive (they actually did give SD a first down, but that hardly matters when there is 00:00 on the clock).

They were ultra-aggressive because they had nothing to lose. It didn't work. I disagree with those who claimed it constituted a palpably unfair act, although I certainly think the notion merits some discussion.

Something I didn't know: Refs could have awarded points if they felt there were intentional repeated fouls.

“There is something in the rulebook that I don’t know if a lot of people know about: There is a penalty for continually fouling to prevent a score,” Blandino said.

Pereira said in situations like the game last night, the rules allow for the referee to just give the team the points.

“If you deem that they intentionally did this, intentionally fouled on successive plays . . . the referee could in fact award a score,” Pereira said. “Successive penalties intentionally committed to try to prevent a score, you can go ahead and award a score.”
If the Patriots won this way to eliminate the Steelers it'd be the greatest thing ever.

Fake tough guy thing. At that close of a range, an elbow/forearm to the jaw is far more effective.

Ehhh....

If you're up in someone's face and jawing back and forth, a well executed head butt can pretty much end a fight as a first blow, against most people.

Ehhh....

If you're up in someone's face and jawing back and forth, a well executed head butt can pretty much end a fight as a first blow, against most people.

Well executed Head butt I think is also called 69... Well executed just about best ever.. OMG :cool:. As a first blow, well... Kinda hard to pull that off.. need to work up to it.. IMO:p

Well executed Head butt I think is also called 69... Well executed just about best ever.. OMG :cool:.
Welcome to the forum, Mr.Gronkowski. Hope that you’re able to regain your health soon.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back