PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Smith in, Bam out

Status
Not open for further replies.
By Bam, hello Smith again

Bam Gone, J Smith in... Who knows why, I guess I will go what Reiss said in his reiss pieces...

Poor bam, although the fact that Gabriel or Johnson is ready to play is good. Still feel bad for Childress.

and again felger looks like an idiot for starting a conspiracy theory

Where's "I'm Wrong Borges?" now???????

Reiss intimated that Smith would be resigned earlier in his mailbag, when he relayed that Terrence McGee of the Bills said he saw Smith in the Pats facility a few hours before the game.

Only Reiss had that.

So WHERE is "I'm Wrong Borges" with his claims???????

Yeah, too bad for Bam, but that's life in the NFL. BTW, who did NOT expect this?

...especially after he was seen in and around the team on Sunday.

desi-patsfan said:
Poor bam, although the fact that Gabriel or Johnson is ready to play is good. Still feel bad for Childress.
How is it a "fact" that Gabriel or "Johnson" (sic) is ready to play? Reiss said it may indicate that, but that certainly doesn't make it a fact.

Unrelated comment: Perhaps the Smith cut/resigning had something to do with not having to guarantee his salary for the whole season because he was not on the opening day roster?

desi-patsfan said:

Cheer up!
This can't be final. Believe that his locker still contains his stuff.

Bam is part of the Pats now ... albeit a transient part, as his template, Troy, once was.

Felger is a f#ckwad!

His cute little B.S. rumor was picked up all over the place.

My AOL Homepage had the nastiest picture of Belichick I have ever seen in my life and the caption said something like 'Do the Patriots have spies, Players cry Foul!'

What a bunch of CRAPOLA.

Smith was inactive because he and Bam are both part of the Pats back-up roster, and Smith doesn't know the system right now.

Does anyone except Felger really think that Smith had secret info about the Bills that could not be scouted on film?

The guy was cut before the weekly gameplan was put in place. The fact that Belichick is still working with the guy just proves that Felger will lie about anything to get attention.

Calm down everyone. Bam will be back on the practice squad before you know it. This is just Bam having to go through the Troy Brown Rites of Initiation in becoming the next durable, long-lived Patriots receiver.

Patience.

I talked last week about how stupid Felger's assertion was about getting Bills' secrets out of Smith, when he was cut too early to know anything of value. The teams have reams of video to analyze; they don't need someone from the other team to give them secrets.

I hope Bam get re-signed to the PS.

Last edited:
Obviously, Smith wasn't ready to make an impact on the game - in a similar way to Gabriel and Chad Jackson. Bam made for a better option, since he HAD been practicing in this system for over a year (and as recently as pre-season). Now that Smith, Gabriel, Chad have had more time - or WILL have had more time by Sunday - Bam is a bit more expendable. These conspiracy theories were ridiculous and baseless from the start.

jefmblrd said:
I talked last week about how stupid Felger's assertion was about getting Bills' secrets out of Smith, when he was cut too early to know anything of value. The teams have reams of video to analyze; they don't need someone from the other team to give them secrets.

I hope Bam get re-signed to the PS.

This is kinda dissapointing.

But who does that leave on the PS to get cut to make room for P. Cobbs?

Promisedland - Smith was claimed on waivers from Buffalo, that puts him at less than four accredited years, his salary wouldn't be guaranteed in any case.

Another week of study in the playbook means he could probably be used in a receiving role if needed, but the most likely explanation is the KR/PR game against Buffalo wasn't bad, but could use a spark.

Buffalo blogger and newsy sort of guy Chris Brown - you sir are an idiot.

SVN said:
and again felger looks like an idiot for starting a conspiracy theory

Not only Felger(again!) but a number of other Boston media manics, not to mention the entire Bills messagboard! :bricks:

I guess all of those polite Bills fans who dropped by on Saturday to comment on Mr. Smith will be back to apologize any minute. :)

patchick said:
I guess all of those polite Bills fans who dropped by on Saturday to comment on Mr. Smith will be back to apologize any minute. :)
They've misplaced the road map, but we'll be invited in for a beer when we visit Buffalo. ;)

As an original Bam fan since last year I'm sad to hear this. I think Bam can play a role on this team but who knows about Jonathan Smith.

fnordcircle said:
As an original Bam fan since last year I'm sad to hear this. I think Bam can play a role on this team but who knows about Jonathan Smith.
Don't be sad for Bam, he's the 1st off the squad and on the roster man this season, it happened to Eric Alexander his first season before he went on IR - BB has Bam's numbah! :singing:

Two injuries and we bring a practice squad player up. One (at least one) gets better and we send him down. Isn't that what the Practice Squad is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back