SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Browns
Sun
Oct 27th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Completely Spooked
The Patriots absolutely spooked Sam Darnold Monday night as they improved to 7-0 on the season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

SlingTV & Cord-Cutting

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Ian, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Ratings:
    +8,277
    ---
    So after seeing my DirecTV bill reach ridiculous levels, I recently learned that once per year, you can suspend your service and not face a penalty and as a result, I finally decided to take the plunge and get rid of it after testing out SlingTV.

My feedback, it works well but honestly requires either the app in your television or a Roku, trying to cast it off my phone really didn't work. Audio/video didn't sync. But otherwise, the picture is great, selection of channels is solid (we did the $25 plan - the one without ESPN but with the other additional channels in this tier [who care's about ESPN when football isn't going on, especially since SlingTV's package at this tier includes NFL Network?) and we signed up for Starz for $8.99. I also added HBO Now and we also have Hulu & Netflix.

The guide is great and is well designed and since making the switch, we really haven't noticed a difference since most of what my wife watches is HGTV or now whatever movie happens to be on. I'll re-enable DirecTV in August as we get closer to the preseason, but aside from that, so far, I have zero regrets. Just make sure you have unlimited internet because you'll far exceed the 250GB Comcast provides.

So basically, for $50 a month I now have more channels than I had before at about $120 less than what my bill was. The only downside is I don't get all my locals but managed to pull in a couple of them over the air with an antenna I bought for $80. But otherwise, we're able to catch most of the network shows with Hulu and we also have Amazon Video due to my wife's Prime membership. Not a bad deal.

Anyone else do anything similar?

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly NFL Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +8,952
    ---
    Thanks for this. I haven't done the same just yet. I've got a house in CT, and use the slingbox to siphon off that, but I've been strongly considering SlingTV. I have the digital antenna already, but I don't use it because I don't really care about local TV. I get any local news I want from the internet anyway.