PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slade Bolden?

Williams = pipe dream, Metchie in Round 3, and Bolden as a UDFA.

Patriots will have their pick of quality WRs at 21…and Williams will go around the 20-25 range

He might come in as UDFA and most likely a PS player this year who competes with Wilkinson and Ernie Adams last pick, forget the name..

It's really pissing me off that more & more prospects are not participating in the cone & shuttle drills, either at the combine or even their pro days.
I am curious if there is a different stop watch guy this year for the 3 cone because some of the times seemed slower. You're right though, it is super annoying because a lot of us use it to gauge direction change ability.

He might come in as UDFA and most likely a PS player this year who competes with Wilkinson and Ernie Adams last pick, forget the name..
Tre Nixon

I am curious if there is a different stop watch guy this year for the 3 cone because some of the times seemed slower. You're right though, it is super annoying because a lot of us use it to gauge direction change ability.
They also changed the order of drills. A lot of players would rather have less data than bad data.

Last edited:
Yes

Maybe it is how the agents are training these kids. More emphasis on straight line speed and less on change of direction stuff.

Slade Bolden

Yeah he ain't getting drafted now, so his agent should strongly advise him to sign here as a UDFA as his best chance of sticking in the NFL...

It's really pissing me off that more & more prospects are not participating in the cone & shuttle drills, either at the combine or even their pro days.
I read there was supposedly a new format for the 3 cone this year, and that's why a lot of prospects (including every single RB!) opted out of it. Can't find confirmation, though.

Didn’t they change it up so the 3 cone and everything else was on the same day.

Patriots will have their pick of quality WRs at 21…and Williams will go around the 20-25 range

Bill's not drafting him even if he's still available at 21, that's why it's a pipe dream.

They were Slade Bolden's , I quoted them earlier in the thread when the Capn said Boldens numbers were not published...I should have put a name in the post

Thanks; with kinda unremarkable long speed & explosion #s there, one would hope that Bolden would want to show off his quickness by performing the shuttle & 3-cone... Unless he already knows what they would reveal...

Yeah 6.9's not bad... That's what his body type needed to run in order to have any chance in the league.

Still a long shot. Not sure if his hands are good enough. But he might have the mental part, but even then it takes a year to acclimate. I am sure Mac can help him transalte Alabama lingo to Pats lingo which might help.

Still a long shot. Not sure if his hands are good enough. But he might have the mental part, but even then it takes a year to acclimate. I am sure Mac can help him transalte Alabama lingo to Pats lingo which might help.

Yes, the hands are an issue. What good is it to get open, if you can’t catch!

How do you all feel about Slade Bolden? I watched some highlights and it looks like he can get open (but I was not able to watch him run whole routes). I don't think he will post a fancy 40 time (his feet look dog slow when running) and his physique looks dreadful, but he seems like safe late round pick or F/A.
I feel round 7 or 6 at the earliest. He's probably going to be a UDFA unless we pick him up. The Alabama connection is the main reason we'd take him.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back