PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Six months after SB win, what little thing sticks in your memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That we won. Its still hard to believe after how poorly the pats played at time during the regular season. Ther were times in november and dec i thought we'ed never make it to the super bowl. More likely to be one and done.

I remember converting the 3 consecutive third and longs in OT of the AFC title game. What are the odds, especially in that type of environment on the road?

I remember that Brady pass to Gronk that set up the only TD of the Super Bowl. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

The hits that our defense laid on LA in the Super Bowl. KVN laying out a receiver in the flat, his sack near the sideline that looked like he was gonna whiff on Goff. Honestly that was probably my favorite defensive game of all time for NE. Looked like the original dynasty

I remember never really being nervous during the game. Sometimes against a top offense, you just feel like it's only a matter of time before they put something together. I never got worried against the Rams, even when it was tied and we had to punt. Phenomenal performance by our defense.

The low score sticks out.

And this D is adding Pennel, Collins, and the greatest DC of all time.

The hits that our defense laid on LA in the Super Bowl. KVN laying out a receiver in the flat, his sack near the sideline that looked like he was gonna whiff on Goff. Honestly that was probably my favorite defensive game of all time for NE. Looked like the original dynasty

That's exactly the "little" play I think of; KVN clipping Goff but somehow it looked vicious. He was a monster in that game.

Chung on Reynolds
Hightower on the TE,
Elandon Roberts on the Guard
KVN on Goff

Those 4 plays set the tone for the game

For me it is simple, we won. LA Rams were not heralded as the greatest show on turf, but they were highly touted along with the negativity of the press/media in general..

The D game plan was brilliant.. holding the Rams to 3 was not expected, Rmas averaged 33 points of offense in the regular season and 26 point of offense in the playoffs.. BB, Flores and the overall D shone brightly that day..

Sometimes I wonder during this great run is all of this real, or am I living in an alternative universe....

My trip to Atlanta

Tons of patsfans everywhere

Then the Win...

I could not believe I WAS PRESENT...

So Real not a little thing...:p

For me it was the contrast on the sidelines in the SB: Pats were all business, efficient, and calm. The Rams, especially young coaching phenom, McVay, and super star QB, Goff were deer-in-the-headlights! They simply didn't know what to do! 3 F*cking Points! 3 F*cking Points! :D

I remember never really being nervous during the game. Sometimes against a top offense, you just feel like it's only a matter of time before they put something together. I never got worried against the Rams, even when it was tied and we had to punt. Phenomenal performance by our defense.

This.
Despite the tight score it simply never felt like the issue was in doubt, the only one of the Pats SB games that felt that way.

The main thing that sticks out is the craziness of the AFCC and the absolute thrill and joy I felt in the hours afterward. I usually get excited after wins and especially big playoff wins, but that was something different. I think I got about an hour of sleep before work the next day.

Agreed about the SB, I felt pretty comfortable/confident throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down