PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Site Problems - Please Post them in this thread

I figured out the issue. I'm still moderating new members - as I've learned there are a ton of spammy ones coming through. Each time I have to manually approve member submissions, in order to do it in bulk I have to disable the plugins, templates, etc. So each time I do that, it looks like it shuts off all the images as well. The problem is that people are manually entering usernames for the sake of gaining links to their site. So it's currently a big issue that we're all dealing with. What a pain :rolleyes:

I've got it down now where I can do it within about 30-seconds to a minute, so if it happens again you'll know what I'm up to :cool:

Thank you very much Ian. Your work is tireless. I am so sorry to report that my anti virus program is now telling me that there is malware attached to every forum I open. This sux. It sounds like you are recenty under some sort of attack, and that is bull shyte. I thank you for your efforts.

Asshats piss me off.

Thank you very much Ian. Your work is tireless. I am so sorry to report that my anti virus program is now telling me that there is malware attached to every forum I open. This sux. It sounds like you are recenty under some sort of attack, and that is bull shyte. I thank you for your efforts.

Asshats piss me off.

I'm not aware of any malware issues, or at least this is the first report I've seen. Can you cut and paste the message next time it opens so I can try and pinpoint the problem? We're clean server-wise, so if it's an issue with one of the ad networks I'll need to try and narrow it down from there.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/96/761978-bad-request-problem.html

Ian do you know what causes the Bad Request issue?

I use Firefox ... when it happens I have to close all my windows and start over ... even other sites I have open. Definitely a Firefox issue but it only happens here for whatever reason.

If it happens here and I have the Globe, Herald and say ESPN also open - even closing this site and trying to come here from those sites is not possible ... still get the Bad Request page.

:help::help::help::help::help:

Not sure if others have noticed this, but the "featured ad" for GMC and ESPN fantasy football seems to be causing glitches. When I'm in a thread, it will appear and push the posts over to the left. And often, the forums won't even appear -- it shows the header, member photos, the ad and then the lists of users.

Pages aren't loading 1st time about 75% of the time.

I have to refresh - the page just seems to get hung up during loading.

Its been happening for about a week now.

I'll try and troubleshoot it once I get internet back at home (Comcast is out in our area). What browser are you using? Let me know so I can try and duplicate the issue on my end.

I'll try and troubleshoot it once I get internet back at home (Comcast is out in our area). What browser are you using? Let me know so I can try and duplicate the issue on my end.

Firefox 3.6.20

Hi Ian, just letting you know that I've had some problems this weekend with the Patsfans forums using Firefox. I can get the main Patsfans - Patriots Fan Forum page but if I try to go into any of the threads, I keep getting a 'Bad Request' message appearing.

I'm using Firefox 5.0.1

No problems when I've used IE however.

Pages aren't loading 1st time about 75% of the time.

I have to refresh - the page just seems to get hung up during loading.

Its been happening for about a week now.

This may be the same thing that happens to me.

using explorer (IE 8?)

thanks

Ian, I'm having problems posting attatchments(images), keeps saying my limit is exceeded?? I deleted almost everything an still won't work, any idea what it could be?

Ian, I'm having problems posting attatchments(images), keeps saying my limit is exceeded?? I deleted almost everything an still won't work, any idea what it could be?

Hmmm...I'll have to look into that when I get home later on. I'm at work right now, but I'll check it when I get back and I'll post a reply here once I figure it out.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back