PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Site Problems - Please Post them in this thread

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Please post any forum issues, whether it be performance, malware reports, etc. in this thread.

I had sent an IM because I didn't know I was supposed to post this here.

I thought you should know that I have a problem with the site. I use IE 8 and windows 7. A few of the adds that are in the rotation are causing IE 8 to close. I have not tried another browser maybe later.

I had sent an IM because I didn't know I was supposed to post this here.

I thought you should know that I have a problem with the site. I use IE 8 and windows 7. A few of the adds that are in the rotation are causing IE 8 to close. I have not tried another browser maybe later.

I had heard that from someone else and just got your pm. I'm trying to figure out which one is causing it - and will remove that spot from the rotation one I figure out which one is the culprit :mad:

Last edited:
This is not really a problem, more like I need some clarification. I thought the topics or threads were supposed to update the conversations live, while you are reading it, like a chat room. It's not doing that though, I know that was the case before, but they stopped it because the site kept crashing, but I read that you guys brought that back, did I read it wrong?

When i am viewing a thread, that has more then one page of responses (i have settings set to view 40 posts per page), when i click on page 2 or > or other pages; i get taken to an unrelated poll results page each time, regardless of thread...and cannot get to and view the additional pages on the thread

Problem has occured on multiple computers.

Any help or guidance?

Thanks

I can't access the forum with Firefox. I get this message:
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: __utma=30879934.1619957712.1278554102.1289103558.1289145755.251; __utmz=30879934.1286589089.188.3.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=patsfans%20forum; bblastvisit=1278553978; bblastac

Please help with this as I hate using Explorer which works fine with this forum. This only started a couple days a go. At first, I could not access the second page of threads but now it's the entire forum.

When i am viewing a thread, that has more then one page of responses (i have settings set to view 40 posts per page), when i click on page 2 or > or other pages; i get taken to an unrelated poll results page each time, regardless of thread...and cannot get to and view the additional pages on the thread

Problem has occured on multiple computers.

Any help or guidance?

Thanks

Still having same problem...any thoughts?

Thanks

I can't access the forum with Firefox. I get this message:
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: __utma=30879934.1619957712.1278554102.1289103558.1289145755.251; __utmz=30879934.1286589089.188.3.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=patsfans%20forum; bblastvisit=1278553978; bblastac

Please help with this as I hate using Explorer which works fine with this forum. This only started a couple days a go. At first, I could not access the second page of threads but now it's the entire forum.
Ahmed, are you still having this problem? I know you've posted other comments since you wrote this; is it okay now?

I've used Firefox and I know a lot of others here do too.

Still having same problem...any thoughts?

Thanks
I tried replicating your problem but I didn't have the same problem. Tried it without logging in, logging in, on different browsers, etc. - and with settings on 40 posts per page. It almost sounds as if when you are clicking for next page or page two that it clicks on that ad in the box below.

Let me see what I can find out.

Last edited:
I can't duplicate this either, and I've been trying periodically. I had a report from someone else and tried doing some searches to see if anyone has encountered it with vBulletin but I haven't seen anything.

The last time this happened was when the server went down mid-thread, which hasn't happened in about a year. Usually that means the table got damaged, but all looks good so I can't find any threads that are doing it. So that was the last time I saw anything like that. Gravy, what post were you viewing when it happened?

Last edited:
Why have I lost all color, formatting and lines in all the forums. Its only in the forums, not in replies or the index...Whats up? This is happening on two computers from two distinctly different urls. Its not on my end...

Help!

Why have I lost all color, formatting and lines in all the forums. Its only in the forums, not in replies or the index...Whats up? This is happening on two computers from two distinctly different urls. Its not on my end...

Help!

same thing happened to me!

Last edited:
Going in and out for me. I think it might be just the main forum, and subforums are fine or something.

Thought I did/inadvertently clicked something...same deal here, main forum is displayed in a bare bones format, other pages seem fine. Including this reply page.

Forums have lost background. Reply page OK. Am using Firefox -- haven't tried another browser.

Help!
Like this?

k7LAs.png

The CSS is missing/has moved.

Attachments

• pf.jpg
    pf.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 44
Same for me Firefox and IE

I just found the issue - should be all set now.

Was fine for quite a while but it just switched on me again for the main forum only...

I figured out the issue. I'm still moderating new members - as I've learned there are a ton of spammy ones coming through. Each time I have to manually approve member submissions, in order to do it in bulk I have to disable the plugins, templates, etc. So each time I do that, it looks like it shuts off all the images as well. The problem is that people are manually entering usernames for the sake of gaining links to their site. So it's currently a big issue that we're all dealing with. What a pain :rolleyes:

I've got it down now where I can do it within about 30-seconds to a minute, so if it happens again you'll know what I'm up to :cool:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back