PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Site issues - post here

I haven't had any problems since yesterday afternoon.

Hi Ian -

Unrelated to site isssues yesterday, a longstanding problem for me is that scrolling too quickly within a thread will cause Explorer to crash.

I've been using Chrome for the last year or so. I used have Explorer which crashed or froze often. Wasn't sure if it was Explorer or the combination of my Security Software and Explorer. Since switching to Chrome I haven't had any major crashing issues.

I occasionally have this problem: I'm scrolling down a page, reading new posts, when all of a sudden it seems that some ad loads at the top and automatically jumps me up to the top of the page.

It doesn't always happen, but when it does it is annoying. This is with Chrome, with Adblocker and Ghostery apps enabled.

Same here and I have Chrome as well but I just refresh the page or it resolves itself in a couple of seconds.

Safari and Internet explorer issues all day yesterday. Site not found, timing out, etc. This morning, Safari couldn't find the site. At work, with IE, site is coming up, but I have freezing issues, particularly as I scroll, caousing IE to shut down.
Thanks for all you do. best site out there.

Thanks again Ian this is the best sports forum I have ever been a part of and that's all on you, Ian and most of the members.

Ian, following up on tweet. I was unable to get on starting yesterday afternoon through this morning. Problem with both Chrome and Safari on Mac. Also unable to get on using my iPhone over my home WiFi. After I got your tweet this morning that the site was up, I was able to get on using my iPhone over the LTE network, but not over WiFi. I then rebooted my laptop and everything works, which does not explain why the iPhone did not work over the WiFi before rebooting the laptop.

Ian, following up on tweet. I was unable to get on starting yesterday afternoon through this morning. Problem with both Chrome and Safari on Mac. Also unable to get on using my iPhone over my home WiFi. After I got your tweet this morning that the site was up, I was able to get on using my iPhone over the LTE network, but not over WiFi. I then rebooted my laptop and everything works, which does not explain why the iPhone did not work over the WiFi before rebooting the laptop.
Might have been a cache issue. We had an issue with a block of IPs being restricted after they created a false flag in the system, which blocked a ton of people from the server. My guess is if you clear the cache on your phone that should hopefully solve it, which was likely (hopefully) the issue with your laptop.

Last night it was saying the site was unavailable but it seems fine today.

Couldn't get on yesterday, kept getting connection timed out. No problems today.

Seems to be working good today. I was having trouble logging in as I kept getting messages saying"timed out, web site not available". Keep up the good work Ian!!!!!

Hi Ian -

Unrelated to site isssues yesterday, a longstanding problem for me is that scrolling too quickly within a thread will cause Explorer to crash.

You might want to scroll into the 21st century with your browser choice.:D

No problems today. Thanks Ian for all the work you put into this site.

I don't know if this is a site issue or just "normal" hacker activity. Occaisionally while typing a reply I scroll up. If it is site related it is probably a new ban - just did it - where was I?

Oh, right, it may be a new banner making the whole page reload. Or it could be "normal" idiot hackers

I don't know if this is a site issue or just "normal" hacker activity. Occaisionally while typing a reply I scroll up. If it is site related it is probably a new ban - just did it - where was I?

Oh, right, it may be a new banner making the whole page reload. Or it could be "normal" idiot hackers

that happens to me at times, i think its an flash ad issue, if i click the ad, I stop it, and i can reply

Last night i couldn't even get on..now i can though!

kept timing out yesterday, but everything is fine now.:)

is podcast down

Hello @Ian - The mobile website does not allow you to replay to posts, the text box does not appear.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back