SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Giants
Thu
Aug 29th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Strong Showing
Another dominating defensive performance by the Patriots as they continue to look strong during their win Thursday night over Carolina.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Site issues on smartphone / Ad Changes?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by TheRainMaker, Jun 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,566
    Once they get everything working, I'll be working with them to put something in place to reduce the number of ads to 3 for registered users, so that should likely improve things (I had also done that previously). The footer ad is certainly on my radar of things to change for registered users if possible. Site Supporters will continue to have an ad-free experience.

As for the thread stickies - those will be changed a bit when I put out the new version of the forum prior to camp and should reduce the space taken up at the top.

Regarding OT threads, I did purchase and install the thread ignore function quite a few years ago, so one click will eliminate those from your view :cool:

However, OT threads will be limited a little more when the layout changes because the threads in other forums will actually be much easier to find. The overall plan is to make discussions overall easier to find and the changes will make things much simpler when it comes to having different areas for the forum and allowing people to have those discussions outside of the main board. Right now, it's tougher because spotting threads in those other forums is so hard. That hopefully won't be the case in another month or so.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,295
    Is it just me or is there now ads after every 3 to 4 posts as well as on the top and bottom of the page. I’m using my iPhone and wasn’t seeing this many ads before. Incredibly annoying to have ads in between posts. It’s to much. I didn’t mind the ads on the top but in between posts?

In this screenshot there’s a video car ad after one post, an add at the bottom, and when I scroll down same car ad a few posts later.

upload_2019-6-8_12-8-51.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. holyredeemer

holyredeemer 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,457
    Yeah, Ian addressed it and moved the original thread to the sub forum. We are supposed to be seeing the smaller ad on the bottom, and then a consistent ad that runs in the background while you scroll. They are working out the bugs and it should run smoother.

4. Adam Seward

Adam Seward Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,327
    Hit the App Store for:
    Firefox Focus
    AdGuard

Then in Settings -> Safari -> Content Blockers, you can enable both to filter ads out of your browsing experience.

Just do Ian a solid and click on a bunch before you go dark from the ad world.

• Useful Useful x 3
  5. Brandon_Cox

Brandon_Cox On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1,127
    Any suggestions for Chrome on my Iphone?

6. Adam Seward

Adam Seward Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,327
    From what I understand Chrome doesn’t have the cross app integration with content blockers like Safari does.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,566
    This was finally resolved this afternoon. Registered users will once again see a minimal amount of ads, so things should now go back to normal :cool: