PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Site issues on smartphone / Ad Changes?

TheRainMaker

3rd runner up sexiest man alive 1998
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anybody else see large gaps between posts and that annoying clear bar at the bottom of each page you have to press the x to get rid of it?

Nope.......

Yea I am getting that as well as a floating banner ad that keeps opening and closing.

7Kzlbtl.png

Nope

I don't see any

problems.

Anybody else see large gaps between posts and that annoying clear bar at the bottom of each page you have to press the x to get rid of it?

Yes

Here’s what my phone looks like with the clear banner and the large gap.

Attachments

• E2ABC8B0-2BF1-49B6-A988-5A23EDC83AD0.png
    E2ABC8B0-2BF1-49B6-A988-5A23EDC83AD0.png
    312.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 3A43C6EC-FF7E-4480-B851-F2FA4B38B92F.png
    3A43C6EC-FF7E-4480-B851-F2FA4B38B92F.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 6
I'm using chrome on an android and same thing started for me just recently too.
Yeah I'm also using chrome. This problem started today for me. Was fine yesterday.

So this problem started when OTA's began .... hmmm ... Belichick or Ernie Adams?

There is definitely a large gap at the bottom of some posts...I think it may be where the signature is supposed to be. So for folks who have a GIF, it is pretty evident

There is definitely a large gap at the bottom of some posts...I think it may be where the signature is supposed to be. So for folks who have a GIF, it is pretty evident
I agree this is most likely the issue, someone should try turning off signatures in their settings and see if that fixes it

I use Opera and it handles signatures surprisingly well.. Portrait mode it hides them and landscape it shows them

It looks like those gaps are ads that sometimes load, and other times don’t. Is that something only non-contributing members see? I’ve got 6 ads on the first page of this thread. Every time they slowly load in the screen adjusts making it very hard for me to reply.

I want my money back.

I have the floating ad at the bottom but I'm fine with it. Much prefer this to those ads on some sites that appear after a few seconds delay to cover the entire screen when I'm trying to scroll. :confused:

As for the gaps, my thumbs need the exercise :p

Yes, I condensed down to one ad network (a new one), which I've heard good things about when it comes to site performance, especially on mobile, etc. They're running a footer ad, which is what that is, but you're only seeing the container, there's obviously no ad there yet. I was told things may be a little strange for a few days until they work things out, but the idea was to speed up performance, reduce lag, etc. which I've noticed has been an issue with one of the other previous networks.

Hopefully it works out. Revenue has been crap and steadily declining and with a server payment each month of $600, I needed to make a change. We'll see how it goes, but hopefully things will settle down over the next couple of days.

Hate clear bar

Hate “Sticky” thread box positioned above the threads people want to read. Waste of everyone’s time having to scroll by this space.

Hate Puritan mods who censor TugGate discussions.

Hate Celebrity RIP threads on a football fan site.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back