PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Singulary Thread For Ben Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying Fungi said:
wow......:eek:

wow is right i have never seen a tight end stay on his feet like that tightroping the sideline. Hell of a play Ben!

Reminds me of the play Kordell Stewart made on NE in the 1997 playoffs. Todd Collins missed the tackle on him at the sideline, and Kordell stayed in bounds and went 40 yards for the score.

I like this one better.

oldrover said:
Reminds me of the play Kordell Stewart made on NE in the 1997 playoffs. Todd Collins missed the tackle on him at the sideline, and Kordell stayed in bounds and went 40 yards for the score.

I like this one better.

FINALLY!!!! Ben Watson shows what he can REALLY do. Congrats Watson...now just do that every week!!!! Awesome.

#18 saved Watson's bacon in that one play...#18 was impressive also, but that should be another thread.

All-World Tight End, Move over Russ Francis.

Coates-esque. That WAS a Ben Coates play.

What should be scary to the rest of the league is that AFTER beaking all this tackles, he OUTRAN the rest of the secondary. He is so big with his loping stride it doesn't seem like he's so fast. but if you wach the DB's trying to catch him they are flat out running and not even keeping up.

R

Yeah it was a terrific play but I have one bone to pick...while I LOVED Big Ben Coates, He would have NEVER outrun anyone.
A guy Watson's size should NOT be able to run that fast!

"Bout time we saw some of that 4'4" speed.

jczxohn1 said:
"Bout time we saw some of that 4'4" speed.
Does he really have 4'4 speed? No...he can't

That play shows why we drafted him.
He is an incredible ATHLETE.

He needs to make those abilities turn into production, and the Pats need to take advantage of them.

The tackle breaking was awesome and as soon as he was in the open field - he's gone.

He benches over 500, too. Not to mention a 41 on the Wonderlich. Eventually, we may see some consistency instead of glimpses.:)

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
:singing: Gotta keep up KDP, Ben even outran you! :D
LOL..true. I knew he was fast but there are WR's that don't have that speed.

And it wouldn't take much to outrun me. My football career left me with terrible arthritis in my knees (and I would do it over again ten time you can bet your A*%) I now run like Leftwhich!

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
Coates-esque. That WAS a Ben Coates play.

Made me think of Keith Byars ... Just faster ....

Bill B. said:
All-World Tight End, Move over Russ Francis.

When I saw that play - I literally shouted out in the bar (in Elkhorn, WI) those same words - ALL WORLD TIGHT END!!

Yeah...but he's nowhere near as good as that All World tight end from the New York Jets, Doug Jolley...in fact NO Patriot players are anywhere near as good as the NY Jets third stringers so we better just count our blessings that we're so lucky to get into the playoffs and win a game 28-3 becuase you know the Jets would have won by double and Jolley would have had five TD's thrown to him by that 63 million dollar superstar QB, Ducks Tossington.

jczxohn1 said:
He benches over 500, too. Not to mention a 41 on the Wonderlich. Eventually, we may see some consistency instead of glimpses.:)

That is his outstanding University of Georgia education! It is incredible how well the Bulldogs do on the Patriots.

Draft Greg Blue!

Huge play broke the game open, what should have been a punt in a 14-3 game, turns out to be a TD and a 21-3 lead, Turn out the lights, the party's over.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back