Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
That's sad. He was one of my favorites growing up. :(

maust1013

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Rip Eddie Money.
He had a knack for opening for acts we really like. Because of that my wife and I saw him several times live, only once as the nominal headliner (even then we really went because he was sharing the bill with Warren Zevon). That said, his stuff wasn't bad and certainly it remains a mainstay on classic rock stations to this day, even though it really doesn't quite fit many folks definition. Dude was a damn good sax player believe it or not.

He was a NYC police officer before a singer

That is a twisted 'fact' that just won't die. He came from a family of cops and entered a training program with the NYPD but quit. Some idiot even put it on his Wikipedia page that he was a cop for 2 years even though the math from his DOB would have meant he was a cop at 17.

RS: "Your dad was a cop and you entered the NYPD training program and almost became a police officer. What kind of cop do you think you would’ve been?"

EM: "I would have been a very lenient cop. My dad was one of the last foot cops. My dad was a religious man and I’m proud of the fact that he never gave a black person a ticket because he didn’t think they had enough money to pay for a ticket. Now that is what I call a good person."

Eddie Money Talks New Reality Show and Why He'll Never Retire

supafly

Suddenly sad and Brady-less
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I read that he was very sick. I hope that he’s free from pain and at peace.

Triumph

Pro Bowl Player
Rip Eddie Money.
He had a knack for opening for acts we really like. Because of that my wife and I saw him several times live, only once as the nominal headliner (even then we really went because he was sharing the bill with Warren Zevon). That said, his stuff wasn't bad and certainly it remains a mainstay on classic rock stations to this day, even though it really doesn't quite fit many folks definition. Dude was a damn good sax player believe it or not.

That is a twisted 'fact' that just won't die. He came from a family of cops and entered a training program with the NYPD but quit. Some idiot even put it on his Wikipedia page that he was a cop for 2 years even though the math from his DOB would have meant he was a cop at 17.

RS: "Your dad was a cop and you entered the NYPD training program and almost became a police officer. What kind of cop do you think you would’ve been?"

EM: "I would have been a very lenient cop. My dad was one of the last foot cops. My dad was a religious man and I’m proud of the fact that he never gave a black person a ticket because he didn’t think they had enough money to pay for a ticket. Now that is what I call a good person."

Yeah, I was never a groupie like yourself.

Liked some of his songs and saw on TV that he was on the NYPD.

Patsfanin Philly

Pro Bowl Player
When I was in college one of the fraternities had a fund raiser the night before Spring Break. You paid $25 cover ( a lot in those days) and wrote your name of a piece of paper. They played songs all night and every time they played " Two tickets to Paradise, they pulled a name and eliminated you from the top prize. Last name remaining won, " two tickets to paradise" a week long trip to Bermuda or Bahamas. The fundraiser ended at 3 am and the catch was you had 4 hours to pack, catch the plane and bring a guest. In those days you could buy a blank ticket without the name beforehand. Many a guy who didn't have a girlfriend got one quickly when the prize was a week away from bleak upstate NY in winter to sunny Caribbean. Every time I hear " Two tickets to Paradise" I think of how they raised thousands for a charity with that song.

PittPatriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Just last week we were listen to "I wanna go back" and thinking what a great great song...
RIP Mr. Money.

Reactions: Ian

Pats Fanatic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I know I'm getting old when all the great artist from my youth are passing away. I loved his first two albums and played them over and over. His second album(his third album for that matter) did not have the hits the first one did but was really great.

dalero

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Rip Eddie Money.

Saw them play together as well at the tent in Warwick RI. Zevon played a solo acoustic set. He was great. Eddie and his band were pretty lame.JMO

Last edited:

maust1013

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Saw them play together as well at the tent in Warwick RI. Zevon played a solo acoustic set. He was great. Eddie and his band were pretty lame.JMO

Warren was fantastic, saw him in myriad shows and settings and loved every one of them.