PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman on the Way Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
or ripped a guy’s chain off...

Funnily enough, Talib and the chain and Sherm's peak mouthiness involved the same guy.

As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.

‘To Those Who Would Call Me a Thug or Worse ...’

Yeah, we can analyze the game however we like, but I cannot and will never get past the single worst coaching decision in BB's career. Everything else about that game is irrelevant to me.

Now I'm by no means saying the rest of the team played fine and has no need for upgrade; quite the opposite. But it does seem silly to overanalyze the Super Bowl when we all know exactly why we lost.
Yup. I suppose the bright side is that the helmet catch doesn't sting as much now by comparison. At least that was a football play.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I am not sure what person you were watching but it was definitely not Sherman in the slot. He is awful there because his strengths are definitely not emphasized there relative to being an outside CB.

Just a handful of plays from the 2016 game:

Sherman slot 1.PNG
Sherman slot 2.PNG
Sherman slot 3.PNG
Sherman slot 4.PNG

Sherman barely has a flaw in his game when healthy.

He’s getting released tomorrow, is younger/better than Talib & likely cheaper due to injury. We can afford to let him heal up. Sherman was a better option than Talib IMO.

Well i am hoping we get on him quickly. It's about the right price.

Well with Talib gone, all eyes are now on Sherman.

I would rather have Sherman - would have been happy with Talib.

Still want to see a CB drafted before round 3 or 4 if possible.

I think he may be out of our price range.

I would rather have Sherman - would have been happy with Talib.

Still want to see a CB drafted before round 3 or 4 if possible.

Outside of concerns about a CB coming off surgery on both Achilles I agree. My thinking is the injury concerns are going to see him released (possibly with an injury settlement) and coming here on a contract much like the one Revis had. It gives Sherman a chance to prove he's worth serious green off the injury and if the Pats draft a mid round CB he gets a chance to be brought along.

After watching what a scrub did to this defense in the SuperBowl. They are a lot further away than a few players from being a dominant defense. Let's just focus on getting respectable. Being able to stand up to a CBA scrub like Foles.
Kinda tired of Foles being made out to be Geno Smith. He did have a 27TD 2INT season after all. That's a little more than pure luck.

Because we turned the ball over essentially three times and the Eagles only once.
I think it’s because we played terrible defense, allowing Philly to convert 12/18 attempts on third or fourth down. Those situations were game changers.

Just the fact that they had 18 opportunities is terribly disturbing.

I think it’s because we played terrible defense, allowing Philly to convert 12/18 attempts on third or fourth down. Those situations were game changers.

Just the fact that they had 18 opportunities is terribly disturbing.

OTOH, if an offense doesn't get many 3rd-down "opportunities", it may mean that they simply didn't need a full three downs to get a first down very often. That can also indicate poor defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes