PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl 2018

Another Senior Bowl preview:

Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook: Top Storylines to Watch for at the Senior Bowl

I have a feeling that White is going to have an arc similar to Reddick last year, whom I pegged as a high first rounder before the Senior Bowl. I think he's going to enjoy a meteoric rise after the Senior Bowl and Combine. He's a really, really good athlete with strong football skills.

6. NFL Draft Riser: West Virginia Safety Kyzir White.

One of the great things about this time of year is getting access to game film to study the players who will be competing at the Senior Bowl. I've been blown away by Kyzir White's tape and athleticism. He's 6'3", 215 pounds and lined up all over the field for the Mountaineers. I wouldn't be shocked if he makes his way into the first-round conversation.

He is Kam Chancellor 2.0

Both the Ohio State DEs with great measurements. While neither had huge production, the tools and traits are there. Holmes reminds me a ton of Wise (same body type and inside/outside experience), while Lewis is more compact and explosive. I think both will be better pros than collegiate athletes.

Anyone we should be taking particular interest in? @reamer

Notes are starting to filter in now:

Senior Bowl -- South Team Page | Draft Analyst

Senior Bowl -- North Team Page | Draft Analyst

EDIT:

I'm telling you, White is the best safety in this draft after Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick. He's a slam dunk for Chung's position, and has the potential to be better with coaching.

Name: Kyzir White
School: West Virginia
Ht: 6021
Wt: 216
Arm: 32
Hand: 9 7/8

Tues: White was the best of the North safeties Tuesday, checking Troy Fumagalli and Michael Gesicki and showing good awareness on the back end, with his best play coming when he peeled off his coverage responsibility when the pass was released to step in front of the intended target for the interception.

Last edited:
BJ Hill and Tyquan Lewis really showing up in pass rush drills. I also like Harrison Phillips's technique. Such good hands.

Oh, and DeLuca just had a pick and also a really nice run stuff. :cool:

Isaiah Wynn looks so good. I love watching him in these 1 on 1s. Great reps -- I don't think I've seen him beat yet. Very athletic, nice hands, and good power. Love him at guard at the next level.

Neal has impressed me a few times in coverage. Physical, tight man-to-man skills. Good play strength. I like it.

[QUOTE="reamer, post: 5235415, member: 17441"]BJ Hill and Tyquan Lewis really showing up in pass rush drills. I also like Harrison Phillips's technique. Such good hands.

Oh, and DeLuca just had a pick and also a really nice run stuff. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah BJ Hill really caught my attention today!

on edit: But NFLN is really annoying me with so much focusing on Baker Mayfield.

Great, except for the fact that I don't think the FO sees C as a need. :)

They can all play multiple positions. Never bad to have that kind of backup/competition. I do like Andrews though.

I've said it before, but I love the physicality that Neal shows in coverage. He flat out refuses to let receivers get off the line.

EDIT: Some of that physical nature on display in his highlight reel:

Great character, maturity, understanding by Falk.

Luke Falk leaves Senior Bowl to attend Tyler Hilinski's funeral

quote:

"I want people to remember Tyler as an amazing person he was, his bubbly attitude, the draw he had to people and people had to him," Falk said this week, per the Seattle Times. "I want people to start talking about suicide. I think us as men suppress our emotions and feel like we can't express what's really going on and how we feel. I think that we need the resources and have the trust that we can do that."

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back