Seattle kicker Josh Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This guy is a restricted free agent, I'd sure hope the Patriots would take a look at him. He's made some huge kicks for the Seahawks as of late and knows a bit about playing in bad weather coming from Seattle. He's also fairly young. Brown also is 7-12 from 50 yards or more with longs of 58, 54 & 55 in his 3 seasons. Compared to Edinger who has horrific stats from 30-39 yards out I truly hope the Patriots don't continue to pick up duds like him in free agency. Edinger seems to fall clearly into the "dud" category.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395934

Any word or rumors in regards to him resigning with the Seahawks?

Seattle doesn't really get bad weather. They get rain or else it's very humid there. That does cut down on the distance a bit, but it doesn't mess with the ball's flight.

Plus, I bet it's easier for a ball to cut through rain in relatively warm temperatures (Seattle is sporting 50-60 degree days into December) than it is to kick pigskin in 20 degree weather. That's like kicking a rock.

Edinger sounds good to me.

MrTibbs said:
This guy is a restricted free agent, I'd sure hope the Patriots would take a look at him. He's made some huge kicks for the Seahawks as of late and knows a bit about playing in bad weather coming from Seattle. He's also fairly young. Brown also is 7-12 from 50 yards or more with longs of 58, 54 & 55 in his 3 seasons. Compared to Edinger who has horrific stats from 30-39 yards out I truly hope the Patriots don't continue to pick up duds like him in free agency. Edinger seems to fall clearly into the "dud" category.

Trust me, he will resign with the Seahawks. Even if he doesn't, I doubt he'd end up in the AFSt!nk.

RFA's are usually a waste of time. The team usually matches. In any case, we're not waiting that long for a kicker, if we can find one now.

SEA HAWKER said:
Trust me, he will resign with the Seahawks. Even if he doesn't, I doubt he'd end up in the AFSt!nk.
Where does a Seahawk fan get off namecalling on another NFL team message board, much less the message board of the team of the decade. Bafangool!

Fanfrom1960 said:
Where does a Seahawk fan get off namecalling on another NFL team message board, much less the message board of the team of the decade. Bafangool!

Who was in the last Super Bowl (actually won). Not you! Us! I think I have that privilege. NEXT.

MrTibbs said:

well with brown, u'd have to give compensation if the team dosent match the offer, which will have to be large and u end up overpaying for him. so i dont know where or how u replace adam, but i think through the draft is the most likely option

SEA HAWKER said:
Who was in the last Super Bowl (actually won). Not you! Us! I think I have that privilege. NEXT.

You won the Super Bowl? What time is the bus back to the alternate universe?

upstater1 said:
Seattle doesn't really get bad weather. They get rain or else it's very humid there. That does cut down on the distance a bit, but it doesn't mess with the ball's flight.
On game day it has rarely rained at all at Qwest Field since it opened. I don't know the exact numbers, but I think it's only rained 2 or 3 times tops and I believe that was all during this season.

SEA HAWKER said:

When the Sea Hags win three out of four in the age of free agency then you can talk all you want about your team ... but that still doesn't give you the right belittle ... you can talk trash but trash is all you are.

I say we sign Josh Brown to an offer sheet see if the Seahawks match it and if they don't the compensation for him will only cost the Pats a 7th round pick. Plus he is only 26 year old, he will be around for a long time yet.

ya

HalifaxPatsfan said:
I say we sign Josh Brown to an offer sheet see if the Seahawks match it and if they don't the compensation for him will only cost the Pats a 7th round pick. Plus he is only 26 year old, he will be around for a long time yet.

Ya i would do that and if we don't get him then draft one of the college kids. The Memphis kid looks like he has an insane leg!

Forget Brown

Our kicker for 2006 will be none other than Drop-Kickin' Doug Flutie.

!!!

Brown is a good kicker would be nice but look for a rookie kicker coming in.

SEA HAWKER said:
I guess you missed the final score on ESPN. You lost. Better luck in 2050.

spacecrime said:
I guess you missed the final score on ESPN. You lost. Better luck in 2050.

We are in much better position to be in more Super Bowls than you. That is a sad comment since you only have to win in the AFSt!nk and you can't even do that.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Especially one that was asked by Ian to keep his crap on the Interleague Forum where he belongs. What a silly little troll.

My kids had school off today too, silly parents-teacher conferences.

SEA HAWKER said:
We are in much better position to be in more Super Bowls than you. That is a sad comment since you only have to win in the AFSt!nk and you can't even do that.

Can you please remind me of the disparity in winning percentages over the past few years between the NFC and AFC? It was disgusting in 2004. The NFC is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes