Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will be the 2019 season opener opponent?

• Buffalo Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Jetes

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • New Jersey Giants

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh were 1-1 with them in the SB there’s no hard feelings there.

There are plenty of hard feelings on my part. We are 0-1 in the SB against this current crop of Eagles. Plus I despised all their trash talking in the offseason.

It's going to be the Browns.

Edit: This 100th anniversary has thrown a wrench into the opener! Bears vs Packers for the Thursday opener and then Cowboys at Patriots for the Sunday Night game.

Last edited:
Chiefs
Steelers
Browns
Cowboys
Giants

There's a lot of good intrigue on these games. Giants probably not so much, but it could be billed as Gomer's last year and they need to emphasize 17 trillion times that he won 2 SBs against the Patriots. They likely won't go with Chiefs because they'd prefer to save that ratings boom. As mentioned, Browns would be a pretty cool opener, up and coming team against all-time dynasty. My favorite would be the Steelers, just because I want to wipe the floor with them so badly. Cowboys also a great matchup. I predict the Cowboys, whether Thursday night or another primetime night. A doubleheader for opening night would be cool too.

Next year should be fun.

Lots of good home opponents as referenced. Away vs Eagles and Ravens.

Brady and Brees both gunning for Gomer's record. You may recall Frankenstein's signature career moment was putting a ball into a box, a pathetic fake choreographed game of keepaway, and a victory lap during a regular season game because a random number was reached. If Brady beats Brees to the record, he'll probably high five the receiver and then jog to the sidelines to look at the formations for the next drive. If Brees breaks Gomer's record, that's fine too. I imagine these two will go back and forth and it will be a longevity contest. I bet if Brees is the first to break it and gets his lame certificate, he'll retire after the year, then Brady will shatter that over the next 3-4 years.

There's speculation that if the Pats don't play in the Thursday opener they could just end up on the road week 1. I could see the league trying to bury them early with a schedule like:

@ Philadelphia
@ Miami
KC
@ Baltimore
Pittsburgh
@ Cleveland
@ Houston
Cowboys

Or something like that knowing if you're going to get them you get them early.

There's speculation that if the Pats don't play in the Thursday opener they could just end up on the road week 1.

Given that they will raise a banner I would expect the NFL to either scrap the Packers/Bears idea or put the Pats onto SNF in W1.

Where did you see that speculation ?

Given that they will raise a banner I would expect the NFL to either scrap the Packers/Bears idea or put the Pats onto SNF in W1.

I don't remember where I read it but it was two different places. It could just be idle media speculation but I just wouldn't put it past Goodell and the 31.

I don't remember where I read it but it was two different places. It could just be idle media speculation but I just wouldn't put it past Goodell and the 31.
Can you imagine the bulletin board hate that would create?

the NFL loves those championship game rematchs...my $$ Chiefs for the opener, gut says Browns as Baker Mayfield has made them watchable again...

Adam Schefter talked about this right before the Super Bowl. I have no idea what the Bears and Packers on Thursday Night have anything to do with putting the Super Bowl Champions on the road for the opener.

Personally I wish they’d just stop mandating a Thursday Night opener to the reigning champs altogether. Ensuring a home prime time game is enough. Just go with whichever game is most intriguing, or better yet, just skip Thursday altogether and have an opening Sunday.

Personally I wish they’d just stop mandating a Thursday Night opener to the reigning champs altogether. Ensuring a home prime time game is enough. Just go with whichever game is most intriguing, or better yet, just skip Thursday altogether and have an opening Sunday.

I get what you are saying but it kinda makes sense to have the Banner ceremony as part of the first NFL game. To completely put the previous season to rest sort of.

But yeah personally I'd prefer the SNF slot because this means the wait for W2 is not as long.

Adam Schefter talked about this right before the Super Bowl. I have no idea what the Bears and Packers on Thursday Night have anything to do with putting the Super Bowl Champions on the road for the opener.
100th anniversary of the NFL, the longest series between two teams in the league.

You're going to get very tired of hearing 'centennial' and '100th anniversary' I fear, this year.

Are we getting a Thursday or Sunday Banner Night? I'm There!

It’s actually an advantage to have the Thursday opener. They have extra time off to prepare for week 2

I expect the Giants to be the opponent.

There's speculation that if the Pats don't play in the Thursday opener they could just end up on the road week 1. I could see the league trying to bury them early with a schedule like:

@ Philadelphia
@ Miami
KC
@ Baltimore
Pittsburgh
@ Cleveland
@ Houston
Cowboys

Or something like that knowing if you're going to get them you get them early.

The league has done some shady (or outright heinous) things, but I don't believe for a second that they've ever designed the schedule to "bury" a specific team.

Since I was lucky to go to the SB, I am quite keen on being there for the first game.

So, if anyone has two tix to offload, please keep me in mind. Thanks in advance! :)

I don’t care who we play. Just hope we lose and everyone starts salivating and the news cycle is all about the downfall of the Patriots. It’ll be great seeing their collective heads explode and the second coming of the great flood from their tears as we raise the Lombardi again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes