PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter's report on Alex Smith's injury is not a promising one

I didn’t see the injury. I’m not sensitive to that stuff but I’m not going out of my way to see it.

Seeing they signed Sanchez made me queasy though.

Alex Smith got a lot of guaranteed money. Redskins have had bad injury luck this year.

the only other injury I've seen that is possibly more gruesome is Willis McGahee's knee injury when he was in college.

the only other injury I've seen that is possibly more gruesome is Willis McGahee's knee injury when he was in college.

I remember Napoleon McCallums knee injury being pretty horrific as well.

That injury makes him the perfect guy for bill to sign to come in after Brady packs and heads of to a Hamilton permanent engagement

At 34 and this late in the season I think it’s safe to say he will not be playing the 2019/2020 season.
By that time he will be 36 and I just don’t think he will be able to make a comeback after such injury at this stage in his career.

Even someone younger will have trouble coming back in a year time.

Sucks man, he is a good player and it sucks how Kaep kinda took his job in SF, then he had few solid seasons with the Chief and he was having a decent season with the Skins.
Tough break, but I think if he hangs it up now it would be a good idea.

Absolutely.
He likely won't retire for the simple reason that he would be on the hook to return a prorated portion of his signing bonus which could be $10-20 million... I doubt he'll ever see an NFL field again but I don't think he'll retire until his contract is up.......

He likely won't retire for the simple reason that he would be on the hook to return a prorated portion of his signing bonus which could be $10-20 million... I doubt he'll ever see an NFL field again but I don't think he'll retire until his contract is up.......

Folks are saying it's not career threatening but if he has complications or his rehab is not going as well as expected, he just might call it a career and leave the cash on the table.

He also has 3 small children. I'm sure he'd like to run around with them. Hes made over $140m during his career. I think he can find a way to get by on just Medicare and food stamps.:p

And no thanks on taking that amount of money for that type of injury.

To each his own, but $74MM in career earnings would have me at least sleeping on it before I made the decision.

I see Alex Smith as someone who always got looked over because he is a “vanilla,” take what the defense gives you kind of QB.
I wonder how great he would’ve been had he had a consistent offensive scheme and a coaching staff that stood behind him.

At 34 and this late in the season I think it’s safe to say he will not be playing the 2019/2020 season.
He'll be back in time for passing camps.

It's a badly broken bone(s), but in the end, it's broken bones. It's not ligaments.

It's an injury issue. If he can't come back, he'll pick up every dollar that was guaranteed for it.

I see Alex Smith as someone who always got looked over because he is a “vanilla,” take what the defense gives you kind of QB.
I wonder how great he would’ve been had he had a consistent offensive scheme and a coaching staff that stood behind him.
...but thats who he is.

Hes not a playmaking QB.

Ive seen plenty of bones sticking out in off road racing....motorcycles....broken backs, all sorts of stuff....just because a writer who thinks a hang nail is bad writes this garbage doesnt mean a dam thing....just saying....

Probably less time to get back than an ACL......Ive done both BTW

Thiessman, end of gruesome injury discussion

Just read this somewhere on the injury comparison with Joe Theismann....

Both Redskins QBs
Both of them injured on the same yard line (40 yard line)
Both of the games they got injured in ended with the score of 23-21
Both injured on the same date of November, 18th. 33 Years apart.
Both of them injured by the only 2 x3 defensive player of the year award winners (Lawrence Taylor and JJ Watt)

Just really unbelievable.
Romeo Crennel was on the sidelines for both too.

I wish Alex smith the best and I hope he comes back as strong as ever.

I remember the wide receiver from Alabama, protho or something like that, his injury was bad as well!

I wish him all the best on any attempt to return to the game, but I also hope he takes the time to seriously evaluate the idea of not returning to the field.

He’ll be fine.

I wish him all the best on any attempt to return to the game, but I also hope he takes the time to seriously evaluate the idea of not returning to the field.

schefter? U serious?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back