PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Rumor: QB Josh Rosen “could be” traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said similar. I didn’t say better.
Quibbling over whether bad at 57.7% complete is better than 55.2% is silly. Bad is bad.
Int % was identical.
Bad and slightly worse are similar in my book. The difference between the 2 is minuscule really.

You didn't say similar, you said "very" similar which is a high degree; extremely; exceedingly, similar or almost equal.

Do you stand in front of the mirror every morning and argue with yourself just so you feel great that you won? Lmfao

Why would Arizona not trade down to take Murray instead of taking him at 1.

Also I’d trade a 1st for Rosen easily

wait...Murray is 5'9" right? and he's already signed a baseball contract? Arizona would be infringing on Jete territory going after Murray

Kyler Murray declaring means Daniel Jones might slide. I wouldn't mind the team drafting Jones with our second round pick (if he lasts until then).

There is no chance the Cards would dump Rosen for Murray. Murray is talented but he's tiny for professional football standards, I would not touch him in the first round at all.

wait...Murray is 5'9" right? and he's already signed a baseball contract? Arizona would be infringing on Jete territory going after Murray

He’s listed at 5 11 but likely shorter. And they wouldn’t be infringing on anything. He just has to return is signing bonus if he plays football. The As are going to let him attend the combine I believe. But he might need MLB approval too, not sure

I said similar. I didn’t say better.
Quibbling over whether bad at 57.7% complete is better than 55.2% is silly. Bad is bad.
Int % was identical.
Bad and slightly worse are similar in my book. The difference between the 2 is minuscule really.

You use only one category, which happens to be one where the two are closest. Eli Manning and Patrick Mahomes had exactly the same completion percentage. Did they have similar seasons?

If you consider the overall body of work, one had stats of a bad NFL starting QB and the other had numbers where you do not last long as a starter in the league. That's different.

You didn't say similar, you said "very" similar which is a high degree; extremely; exceedingly, similar or almost equal.

Do you stand in front of the mirror every morning and argue with yourself just so you feel great that you won? Lmfao
They are very similar.

You use only one category, which happens to be one where the two are closest. Eli Manning and Patrick Mahomes had exactly the same completion percentage. Did they have similar seasons?

If you consider the overall body of work, one had stats of a bad NFL starting QB and the other had numbers where you do not last long as a starter in the league. That's different.

They both look pretty abysmal to me. I don't see that it's worth quibbling over putting them in the same category. They're roughly in the same tier as players -- "very similar" seems fine.

upload_2019-1-11_11-11-40.png

upload_2019-1-11_11-12-1.png

56 or 64 works both for me in exchange for Rosen. You would likely lose the benefit of the rookie QB deal when he starts playing however if he sits 2 or 3 years you could potentially have a smooth QB transition

What’s your take on Rosen?

I liked him as a QB coming out but I have 2 main concerns. 1. There are question marks about his character. This isn’t such a big deal for me because I think the Pats could handle it. And it’s not as though those character concerns are particularly bad (ie illegality/substance abuse).
2. What’s happening with Brady. Rosen would be on the books for four years it I’d want him starting in that time. I wouldn’t want to trade a 2nd rounder for another Jimmy G.

All in all though, I think a 2nd rounder for a potential future QBOTF is a risk worth taking and I’d be done with it so long as they think Brady won’t see out the next four years.

What’s your take on Rosen?

Just to add, the Pats are never in a position to grab a franchise QB (Jimmy G was the exception by and large). This might be an opportunity to do it and that needs serious consideration.

I really hope it's not us. I'd be extraordinarily depressed about that move. I understand the need for a future QB in training, but Rosen is not going to be that guy.

Bet hes a Giant or Charger.
We have to many needs currently
If you think Rosen is a future stud for next 15 years you do it regardless if you need a 3rd string safety right now or not.

I really hope it's not us. I'd be extraordinarily depressed about that move. I understand the need for a future QB in training, but Rosen is not going to be that guy.

Why? Did you not like his tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back