PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Logan Mankins to report, sign tender on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Logan Mankins signs tender

Do you think him reporting early means he has spoken with the Pats and was assured he will be active on Sundays? I can't imagine why he'd report early if he thought the Pats would just be benching him the rest of the year anyway.

Are you crazy? He holds out because he can't get the security of a long term contract, so he refuses to risk injury. He would LOVE it if they sit him out.

In fact, he may have come back early (speculating here) BECAUSE they told him he'd sit out 2 games.

Last edited:

He will be all minty fresh. He will either start to ragdoll DEs or miss assignments. Cannot decide which

Hes watched this whole Randy Moss fiasco and now realizes maybe this is a good place to play and 35 mill is probably enough money to live on.

Maybe Randy's presser tugged at his heartstrings.;)

Hes watched this whole Randy Moss fiasco and now realizes maybe this is a good place to play and 35 mill is probably enough money to live on.

interesting hypothesis.......

Last edited:

I think he's watched a team that has the best record in the NFL and has a darn decent chance to go deep into the playoffs and he wants to be a part of it instead of being on the outside. He's what you call a great fair weather friend.

He won't be getting $35M he'll be getting the pro-rated amount of the tender which IIRC is $1.6m.

Maybe he should have taken that contract :bricks:

exactly how does one go about criticizing someone's "woodsy" look...?

hey look at that goon in the plaid logger shirt!!..hey Paul Bunyan, nice axe!...har har hardy har har...

I think he's watched a team that has the best record in the NFL and has a darn decent chance to go deep into the playoffs and he wants to be a part of it instead of being on the outside. He's what you call a great fair weather friend.

He may realize a few more million wont buy happiness, hey, his teammates love him, we're perennial contenders with a bright future for the next 4-5 years why wouldnt he want to be part of it?
If he can play, I say welcome back Logan, no hard feelings, now go kick some ass

He won't be getting $35M he'll be getting the pro-rated amount of the tender which IIRC is $1.6m.

Maybe he should have taken that contract

If he can still play at a high level he'll probably be offered a similar contract after this year

Last edited:

I hear you, but that scenario is just a hair's breadth from "I COULDN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!"...which would be a guy who really wants to get back on the field with his teammates and compete. No way to tell which it is from here, but I'm sure the coaches will know soon enough.

Okay ...does he get the Bob Kraft man-shake and man-hug?

Does Mankins still get two parking spots for Babe the Blue Ox? :cool:

Last edited:

How much room do we have under the cap?

maybe he wants the accrued season and wants the money for sitting on the bench. 200k per game or whatever...that's 200k to sit on the bench if he wants to.

If he tells BB, "look I don't want to be a distraction but I don't want to play", they'll pay him the 200k per game and he gets to stay at his ranch. What else can the pats do? Cut him? That's what he wants.

I'd imagine BB will sit him down to see his mindset. Maybe he wants to play hard for half a season to better his chances for a good contract next year.

In any case, he has to be completely out of football shape. Hasn't had pads on or hit anyone in 10 months? That's going to take a while to get used to...that's what training camp and preseason is for. They really want to put him into a game being that rusty and ask him to protect Brady? Doesn't seem likely.

Why is everybody so eager to "punish" Mankins by sitting him? :confused: Once he's ready to help, it would punish the team more than Mankins himself.

The Patriots already made their stand. They wouldn't cave, ran up the league's best record without him, and now it appears he's reporting earlier than strictly required. Message sent, now let's play football!

Agreed. Mankins is taking an enormous gamble. He is turning down approximately $20 million dollars guaranteed in order to play for $800,000 to become a free agent. Not playing an all pro guard, and preventing any injury risk, would seem to serve Mankin's purposes, but not the Patriots.

How much room do we have under the cap?
About 2 inches, depending on when we last cut our hair.

I ahve no idea what else you could be asking about.

The Bob Kraft one ...

Ahhh that one :D Good question, and only BB really knows apart from Kraft.

But considering the offer they made him and that we haven't signed any large deals since, I'd say there's still a lot of room.

And with the recent trend of big contract signings containing rolling guarantees, Mankins may have to accept those as well to protect the team in the event of a lock-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes