PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Just based on the facts...Brady thinking/setting up to leave NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Who is he going to find better than Brady?
What decline? Certainly not on the field as the team has the largest point differential ever.

Right. Bill likes winning just as much as Tom. If Brady goes and with the expected turnover on defense next season, could make for a long few years.

What decline? Certainly not on the field as the team has the largest point differential ever.

I don't think you realize how unpredictable performances are at this age. Brady is still a good QB, that doesn't mean in any way, shape or form he will be the same next year or even close to that.

His YPA, passer rating etc. have been declining every year since 2016.

We have the largest point differential because of the defense. The offense right now is the worst since 2006 (or 2008).

I wonder how many Saints’ fans think that of Payton and Brees?
doubt it's many but if he looks rusty after returning I think that will change.

Lets see how close they are on compensation.

I don't think you realize how unpredictable performances are at this age. Brady is still a good QB, that doesn't mean in any way, shape or form he will be the same next year or even close to that.

We have the largest point differential because of the defense. The offense right now is the worst since 2006 (or 2008).

And it doesn't mean he won't be better especially if the oline improves and his receivers get on the same page. Stats mean nothing without perspective. Last year Hoagan declined and Gonk blocked. He lost Amendola. This year his receivers have been raw and banged up and his oline is in the same shape. He may decline but he may be better too

I'm not here to argue if brady is or isn't declining but let's at least be honest about one obvious fact here.... We have the largest point differential ever because our defense has been historic this year.

I think the fact that he bought a house in Connecticut this week is a big deal...

I read somewhere (I'll try to find it) that the Brady's have flipped many houses since they've been together.

Even if this new house is for a move, what's the big deal? It's not like he's moving to Beijing.

I read somewhere (I'll try to find it) that the Brady's have flipped many houses since they've been together.

Even if this new house is for a move, what's the big deal? It's not like he's moving to Beijing.
A big deal will be made out of practically everything he does. Every missed pass, every sack, the route he takes to the stadium, the way he dresses....every word he speaks will be dissected to become a clue to what hes going to do. It will get worse and worse as the season goes on

And it doesn't mean he won't be better especially if the oline improves and his receivers get on the same page. Stats mean nothing without perspective. Last year Hoagan declined and Gonk blocked. He lost Amendola. This year his receivers have been raw and banged up and his oline is in the same shape. He may decline but he may be better too

It comes down how Belichick values him. If he still does very highly he should continue at NE. If not they will seperate.

It comes down how Belichick values him. If he still does very highly he should continue at NE. If not they will seperate.
Well yeah but that's not the point in was was responding to or the one you were making

That's interesting about the house flipping...

If it's a new house where he will live year round, then it is a big deal, especially if it's in Greenwich or New Canaan, which is almost 3 hours drive from Foxboro.

Personally, I want what's best for HIM and HIS family. There are a lot of people on this board, unfortunately, who want him around for 3 more seasons just to pile up Super Bowl wins. He's done enough for this organization and should be able to do what he wants.

Last edited:

And the reason his passer rating etc declined ever since then is also partly because there hasn't been any outstanding receivers that made a difference since the emerge of Edelman. You had good one season players like Cooks or Hogan but honestly the last few years it was Edelman and Gronk + a bunch of ok Wide Receivers.

This year it's different because apart from Edelman this offense has not much talent. I think if Sanu can get on the same page with Brady and some production from N'keal Harry there will be a vast improvement in his performance. Not saying that he isn't probably declining, but I think the talent he has been working with since his MVP campaign has been declining more than him

At some point length of remaining career wins out over ability.

If you said to me "You have to decide right now -- keep Brady for the rest of his career and forever lose out on Mahomes (or Watson) or drop Brady and have Mahomes (or Watson) for the rest of his career" I would, with sadness, drop Brady in a heartbeat -- and so would Belichick.

Further, the shorter you think the remainder of Brady's career is, the less well a replacement needs to perform to be worth dropping Brady for the replacement.

At some point length of remaining career wins out over ability.

If you said to me "You have to decide right now -- keep Brady for the rest of his career and forever lose out on Mahomes (or Watson) or drop Brady and have Mahomes (or Watson) for the rest of his career" I would, with sadness, drop Brady in a heartbeat -- and so would Belichick.

Further, the shorter you think the remainder of Brady's career is, the less well a replacement needs to perform to be worth dropping Brady for the replacement.
So BB should have traded TB not JG?

So, let me get this straight. Rather than retiring or staying with the Patriots, Brady takes his services elsewhere to a new offense and guys who he doesn't have a rapport with? I can understand being frustrated with an aspect of being a Patriot, but why risk leaving what has made you the GOAT and potentially makes you suddenly a shell of your time with the Patriots?

What if Brady is offered $120m guaranteed for next 3 years (Same rate as Mahomes). Pats offer $25m for 1 year. What should he do? It's a hypothetical but $100m isn't chump change for even Brady.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back