PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S Tom Zbikowski, Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ultimate tough guy.

Watching Notre Dame and Penn State right now... and my motive was mostly to see Posluszny in action. Turns our, PP has been a complete non-factor in the game. I've seen him blocked off the play more than a few times. And the Lions are getting embarassed.

Zbikowski, tho... Got a lot of pop, great speed. Forced fumble, fumble recovery for a TD. He is all over the field in a Polamalu kind of a way. And I love the way he handles himself on the field, celebrating with his teammates, but clearly THE MAN.

I wonder how high we'd need to draft him. A late first might be just right....

He's stood out the so far, so has LB/RB/STs Captain Thomas. The FS has looked good too, though I don't know if he has enough native talent for the pro-level, he at least shows the tackling, hitting, and will power dropping a bunch of weight from last year to get faster.

Didn't the DC, Minter(?), coach pro at some point?

On offense, TE Carlson and WR McNight have looked good Sarmardja looks like he could have used the Spring Training instead of pitching in the minors, but the talent is there.

rookBoston said:
Ultimate tough guy.

Watching Notre Dame and Penn State right now... and my motive was mostly to see Posluszny in action. Turns our, PP has been a complete non-factor in the game. I've seen him blocked off the play more than a few times. And the Lions are getting embarassed.

Zbikowski, tho... Got a lot of pop, great speed. Forced fumble, fumble recovery for a TD. He is all over the field in a Polamalu kind of a way. And I love the way he handles himself on the field, celebrating with his teammates, but clearly THE MAN.

When I watch ND I think of the pats, not sure if BB influenced Charlie or versa vica, but lots of hard hitting versatile players who play to the best of their abilties and sometimes higher. Very impressed with Quinn, Samardjia, Zbikowski and Thomas the latter is a prototype Patriot...ST's, can play offense and defense as well. They all seem to be pretty good kids also.

ND has always been my fav college team, this year I am enjoying them more, like the job that Charlie has done.

rookBoston said:
Ultimate tough guy.

Maybe...but I'd like to see how it goes with his pass defense this year and if he's learned anything from lasy year. He was consistently slow to react last year.....but he can play on ST's and he can tackle that's for sure.

Clonamery said:
Maybe...but I'd like to see how it goes with his pass defense this year and if he's learned anything from lasy year. He was consistently slow to react last year.....but he can play on ST's and he can tackle that's for sure.

Hard to tell, because he doesn't have much of a support cast in the secondary. So, what is his fault in coverage, and what is him compensating for some teammate who screwed up, is hard to know.

But this is for sure: he sure can lay the lumber.

He definetly seems like he could be a great player, he is very explosive and does play special teams. He had TDs last season, 2 through interceptions and 2 on punt returns. I found some videos of his returns on youtube and thought that I would post them here for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgwlP5UH1kc&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89zYrTfJ5w&mode=related&search=

I also found a video of him in his first boxing match, which resulted in him earning a first round knockout. The actual fight doesnt start til like 8 minutes in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKKjOTwH7A&mode=related&search=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes