PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running back

It's why I'm promoting Bruce Ellington as a 3rd/4th round receiver for the Pats. Has high upside, game changing speed and can start his career on special teams. Plus by all accounts he's a smart, high character guy too.
I like Ellington too. My only concern is that I think he's too similar to Josh Boyce and I hope they're not giving up on his talent.

I keep reading that Jeremy Hill would be a good pick for us; but his three cone time was about equivalent to that of a slug. I have him off our board, others seem to think he's a good Blount replacement.

FYI, Hill's three cone was 7.64. Blount's was 6.85.

Anyone have input on this ?

Not a straight up RB, more of a FB but I think Gator Hopkins would be an excellent late round selection. I think he has a chance to develop in to a Charles Clay type player.

I keep reading that Jeremy Hill would be a good pick for us; but his three cone time was about equivalent to that of a slug. I have him off our board, others seem to think he's a good Blount replacement.

FYI, Hill's three cone was 7.64. Blount's was 6.85.

Anyone have input on this ?
The only input I can offer is – Hills 3-cone time is really, really slow.

Blount was a unique talent; there are not a lot of 250lb RB who run 4.5 forties. He will not be easy to replace, I see no player that offers the big back banger and break a long one combo that Blount offered in this draft class.

The only input I can offer is – Hills 3-cone time is really, really slow.

Blount was a unique talent; there are not a lot of 250lb RB who run 4.5 forties. He will not be easy to replace, I see no player that offers the big back banger and break a long one combo that Blount offered in this draft class.
Lorenzo Taliaferro.

Taliaferro 40 - 4.58
Blount 40 - 4.59 (at pro day, 4.70 at combine)

Taliaferro 3-cone - 6.88
Blount 3-cone - 6.85

Blount was 12lbs heavier however.

I'm not sure where he's slated to go but I think Bishop Sankey is the best back in this draft. Reminds me a lot of MJD.

I'm a huge fan of Bishop Sankey and I also like Carlos Hyde.I just don't like the fact that they would have to use a 2nd to get one of them. One will probably end up with the Titans now that Johnson is a Jet.

Bump. Off The Grid has updated his site with excellent scouting reports on many of the running backs mentioned in this thread.

http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/

***P.S., Grid could you give me your thoughts on Albert Wilson even if it's a scathing report?***

Bump. Off The Grid has updated his site with excellent scouting reports on many of the running backs mentioned in this thread.

***P.S., Grid could you give me your thoughts on Albert Wilson even if it's a scathing report?***

Honored to've been mentioned, Brother Cole ~ I have indeed gone into HyperDrive, and shall remain there for the next 10 Days or so!! Thank ye kindly!!
beer.gif

I can't claim to've studied Brother Wilson thoroughly, as yet, and I have to adhere to a violent Schedule if I'm to have a Prayer of completing all my Defensive Final Phase guys by 2000 Hours next Thursday...But out of sheer personal esteem for you, Brother Cole, and your persistent Fidelity to this young fellow, I will make it a priority to study up on the guy...I'm gonna try to knock it out next Friday morning, but we're probably looking at Saturday morning, because I can see that Draft BreakDown's got just the one Tape, so I'll have to dig deeply into NoonKick's Files ~ God Bless both those Sites!! ~ to try to give you something you can sink your teeth into!! I don't mind saying I'm looking forward to it!!

Honored to've been mentioned, Brother Cole ~ I have indeed gone into HyperDrive, and shall remain there for the next 10 Days or so!! Thank ye kindly!!
beer.gif

I can't claim to've studied Brother Wilson thoroughly, as yet, and I have to adhere to a violent Schedule if I'm to have a Prayer of completing all my Defensive Final Phase guys by 2000 Hours next Thursday...But out of sheer personal esteem for you, Brother Cole, and your persistent Fidelity to this young fellow, I will make it a priority to study up on the guy...I'm gonna try to knock it out next Friday morning, but we're probably looking at Saturday morning, because I can see that Draft BreakDown's got just the one Tape, so I'll have to dig deeply into NoonKick's Files ~ God Bless both those Sites!! ~ to try to give you something you can sink your teeth into!! I don't mind saying I'm looking forward to it!!

Keep to your original schedule. An old school Siskel & Ebert thumbs up/down about Albert Wilson is suffice for me.

I think your reports about draft prospects are insightful and thought provoking to a variety of viewpoints, even if I disagree with some of them.

Just trying to shine a light in your direction while you keep churning out high quality scouting reports with a unique twist.

Thank you.

Keep to your original schedule. An old school Siskel & Ebert thumbs up/down about Albert Wilson is suffice for me.

I think your reports about draft prospects are insightful and thought provoking to a variety of viewpoints, even if I disagree with some of them.

Just trying to shine a light in your direction while you keep churning out high quality scouting reports with a unique twist.

Thank you.

Awesome Possum!! Thanks for the gracious words and the Light, Brother Cole!! :D

Carlos Hyde would be my "replacement" for the bigger, bruising back that Blount provided.

He's also more of a viable pass catching target than Blount ever was. The problem of course, is that we'd need to target him in the 2nd round, and even then he may not be available at 62.

After watching every single OSU game last year, I can assure you that Hyde can break big gains just the same as Blount, although I didn't compare the 40 times (not that I personally care, to be completely honest). I also believe that Hyde is more effective at picking up shorter yard gains when needed, which is definitely something that Blount failed at. He is also not nearly the problem fumbler as Blount has proven to be, either.

Nice website, OTG. This was the first that I've heard of it, unfortunately. Good work--as always!

Thank you.
Well said Sircole. Couldn't agree more. He's now taken to scouting people I haven't heard of, that shows how thorough he's being.

Thank you.

Well said Sircole. Couldn't agree more. He's now taken to scouting people I haven't heard of, that shows how thorough he's being.

Wow. High Praise, indeed!! Thank ye kindly, Brother Manx!! :D

I have on many occasions been flat out astonished at how correlative our Binkies and SuperBinkies tend to be. It's truly a pleasure to follow your intensive and insightful Work, Brother Manx...And all the more gratifying that the feeling is rather mutual!!
beer.gif

Awesome, thank you for the reminder. Love this site, should be plenty to keep me busy for the next two weeks. Thank you OTG! Great Work.

Awesome, thank you for the reminder. Love this site, should be plenty to keep me busy for the next two weeks. Thank you OTG! Great Work.

Honored you love it, Brother John!! Thank you!! :D

I REALLY like local product Andre Williams of Boston College. He runs with violence, running style reminds me so much of former 49er Roger Craig. I think he'd be a perfect replacement for Blount. Maybe we can get him in the 3rd or 4th round ?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back