PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: There is a real chance safety Eric Berry is traded on draft day from KC to Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badluck

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Last edited:
I can't believe the Chiefs are going to trade a 3 time Pro Bowler, 2013 All Pro and former first round 5th pick talent for a second round draft selection. That's ridiculous.

I can't believe the Chiefs are going to trade a 3 time Pro Bowler, 2013 All Pro and former first round 5th pick talent for a second round draft selection. That's ridiculous.
If they throw in this years first rounder, I'd give them Mallet for all of it.

Don't get your hopes up, guys. If he's traded, it's because they don't want to pay him, and the Pats already have two members of their secondary to worry about over the next year.

This is probably a knee-jerk reaction to their defense being shredded in the playoffs.

This is probably a knee-jerk reaction to their defense being shredded in the playoffs.

I'm thinking that it has to do with their cap position. They weren't able to do anything in free agency this off-season because of that, and they may be looking ahead and figuring it will be tough to re-sign one or the other or both. Trading Berry gives them a net savings of $5.8 million this year, and he will count $8.4 million against the cap in 2015 before becoming a free agent the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes