PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rule ? re: coaches challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jczxohn1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The issue of who was interfering with whom on Asante's penalty against Lelie isn't challengable, I understand that. But, could the call have been challenged due to the fact that it was an uncatchable ball? It was clearly so high and far out of bounds that Lelie couldn't have come down in bounds had he been able to catch it.

i like the idea

jczxohn1 said:
The issue of who was interfering with whom on Asante's penalty against Lelie isn't challengable, I understand that. But, could the call have been challenged due to the fact that it was an uncatchable ball? It was clearly so high and far out of bounds that Lelie couldn't have come down in bounds had he been able to catch it.
we got no standing here. there is no mechanism for changing a call after a game. i remember some team getting a letter of apology from the league once, but that's it.
i like the idea tho. it woulda required somebody in the booth who thinks fast enough to bring that up. there was a time when we had charlie weis and romeo crennel up there. mighta gone different.

There was nothing conclusive on that and it happened in the last 2 minutes of the half anyways. No challenge.

J D Sal

JDSal45 said:
There was nothing conclusive on that and it happened in the last 2 minutes of the half anyways. No challenge.

J D Sal
That makes me feel better. It was out of Pats "quality control" hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back