PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rowe back, Hoyer #2, coaches speak @bye-practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need him to be a factor. So is Mitchell already out? Will it be valentine and McClellin coming back?
Probably has to do with the fact that Chris Hogan is going to sit home for the upcoming 2 game road trip.

Valentine hasn’t even practiced yet, has he?

Probably has to do with the fact that Chris Hogan is going to sit home for the upcoming 2 game road trip.

Valentine hasn’t even practiced yet, has he?
VV has practiced but that does not mean he will be activated.

VV has practiced but that does not mean he will be activated.
My understanding is different on a couple of points. I have seen no reports that he has practiced (although he is eligible). If you have a link, please post. Also, I believe that a player returning from IR to practice must be designated (McClellin has already been designated according to Miguel). So IF Valentine had practiced, that would be the season for Mitchell. If he has not practiced, however, then Mitchell is still in play. With Hogan out, BB might want to see what Dorsett is able to produce before making the call on the remaining return from IR.

Last edited:
My understanding is different on a couple of points. I have seen no reports that he has practiced (although he is eligible). If you have a link, please post. Also, I believe that a player returning from IR to practice must be designated (McClellin has already been designated according to Miguel). So IF Valentine had practiced, that would be the season for Mitchel. If he has not practiced, however, then Mitchell is still in play. With Hogan out, BB might want to see what Dorsett is able to produce before making the call on the remaining return from IR.

Say it is so Mack say it is so...I like VV just like the other guy. But I don't see a DT improving this Team much like say a young WR who already knows the system would. IF it comes down to a healthy MM or VV I would prefer MM and hope BB does too.The Pats have been pretty quiet on the VV and MM fronts so something might be brewing.

Snippet from Reiss:

I talked to Phillip Dorsett a little bit on Wednesday, and he mentioned how comfortable he's become in the team's offense. Given Hogan's situation, I do expect to see more of Dorsett, at least initially in the second half of the season. They need him. It has been notable that in the last two weeks he has played a bit more in the three-receiver set and I would think that continues, in addition to some possible work in two-receiver sets. One key is using him to help keep Danny Amendola's snap count from getting too high, which would increase his exposure to injury.

That's the key right there we'll see how comfortable he looks Sunday Night.

On CB Eric Rowe remember Philly gets a conditional 4th that could escalate into 3rd Rounder in 2018 based on Rowe's playing time. I say we let Rowe skip a few more weeks just to make sure that Hammy is 100%.:D

On CB Eric Rowe remember Philly gets a conditional 4th that could escalate into 3rd Rounder in 2018 based on Rowe's playing time. I say we let Rowe skip a few more weeks just to make sure that Hammy is 100%.:D

Rowe has to play more than 50% of all the defensive snaps for that to occur. Since he has already missed five games and plays only about 50% of the defensive snaps in any given game anyways, I don't think this is an issue.

Right now he has 89 snaps of the @ 530 defensive plays. So if you extrapolate that out to a whole season, he would have to play pretty much every single defensive snap from now on to even come close to the 50% threshold.

My understanding is different on a couple of points. I have seen no reports that he has practiced (although he is eligible). If you have a link, please post. Also, I believe that a player returning from IR to practice must be designated (McClellin has already been designated according to Miguel). So IF Valentine had practiced, that would be the season for Mitchell. If he has not practiced, however, then Mitchell is still in play. With Hogan out, BB might want to see what Dorsett is able to produce before making the call on the remaining return from IR.

Malcom Brown expected to miss this weekend's game against Chargers

it will be interesting with the VV and MM situation. Although, the best offense is a good defense. But then again, I guess the reverse is true.

it will be interesting with the VV and MM situation. Although, the best offense is a good defense. But then again, I guess the reverse is true.

I agree.

BB is proactive but also patient in letting things play out. I think he wants to give both players the opportunity to work their way back.

Pats could use VV as the run D has been spotty. They could also let Flowers get a breather or two as hes been playing 91% of the snaps.

Pats could use MM as well. DA is fragile and Hogs is racked up. Dorsett is a question. No doubt TB12 has confidence in the kid and if healthy he gives him a reliable, chain-moving target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back