PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rooting for Baltimore or Buffalo next week?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who are you rooting for?

• Baltimore

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 93 78.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bills if you are hoping to win the Super Bowl. Seems like an obvious choice.

BALT

The team needs to not have to worry about the division, and simply focus on getting ready for the playoffs. Anything can happen if he reach the title game. I don't think the top issue is whether we are at home. If the offense is finally playing well, it won't matter where we play.

I don’t think it matters much at this point. We are gonna lose to KC AND Buffalo, so the best we can hope for is a 12-4 record (which is still excellent), but this is not the Pat’s year I see a 1 and done in the playoffs. I realistically see 4 teams better than them in the AFC despite the record. Ravens, Bills, Chiefs & Texans, All look better than the Pats. All play a version of the RPO, and the Pats cannot beat a team that plays the RPO.

I don’t think it matters much at this point. We are gonna lose to KC AND Buffalo, so the best we can hope for is a 12-4 record (which is still excellent), but this is not the Pat’s year I see a 1 and done in the playoffs. I realistically see 4 teams better than them in the AFC despite the record. Ravens, Bills, Chiefs & Texans, All look better than the Pats.

Yeah I'm agreeing with you here. Honestly, I think Baltimore is the best team in the conference. And even if the Pats somehow get the 1 seed, I still don't think it's enough. This offense isn't good enough. Don't care if they are playing in Baltimore, Foxboro or Mars. This team has a fatal flaw.

Ravens are gonna run the table right to the SB I think

Obviously rooting for Baltimore seeing as how a loss to the Bills on Dec.21 would send New England to the 5th seed as a wildcard.

Why would anyone worry about HFA when the division is a super tight race with a handful of games to go? They must really be pinning their hopes on a sure thing victory against a team they scored 16 points on the first time, but that makes little sense.

Here we go, folks, the 4th quarter, weaknesses and all.

I'll be watching, and feeling like either way I have a "rooting interest," even though if there's one thing history teaches us, it's that rooting for opponents to create various scenarios is silly more than a game from the end of the season.

We're 10-2, this team is what it is, and this team will control its own fate, whether or not it overcomes its blemishes in the last 4 games.

The defense appears not to have been everything we crow about when it's playing weaker teams, and this offense is not as terrible as we all believe it is at present.

Funny, I saw this Mon. a.m., haven't memorized the sched. ... so, the takeaway is, I know that it's Balt. vs. Buffalo, but I don't know who WE play. Ha. That shouldn't happen.

Funny, I saw this Mon. a.m., haven't memorized the sched. ... so, the takeaway is, I know that it's Balt. vs. Buffalo, but I don't know who WE play. Ha. That shouldn't happen.
We play Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, and the rest of the KC Chiefs, which is going to be a tough ass game, particularly with the way the offense is playing and how the defense has looked bad against running QBs.

Obviously rooting for Baltimore seeing as how a loss to the Bills on Dec.21 would send New England to the 5th seed as a wildcard.

Why would anyone worry about HFA when the division is a super tight race with a handful of games to go? They must really be pinning their hopes on a sure thing victory against a team they scored 16 points on the first time, but that makes little sense.
If we can’t beat Buffalo at home, it’s over. We need to be playing for home field.

We play Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, and the rest of the KC Chiefs, which is going to be a tough ass game, particularly with the way the offense is playing and how the defense has looked bad against running QBs.

Could be a great game, could be a confirmation of the present doom/gloom. Right now, I admit, it looks like a game to watch from under the covers peeking through a crack in the blanket.

We'll see whether "boogeymen" have any boogey left if used right against better teams (esp. w/ runnng QBs)... and we'll be ecstatic or embarrassed.

Oh yeah and somebody will win Balt. - Buff.

If we can’t beat Buffalo at home, it’s over. We need to be playing for home field.
Winning the division is always the first step, then securing a bye, then trying to gain HFA. That formula is never going to change.

Winning the division is always the first step, then securing a bye, then trying to gain HFA. That formula is never going to change.
Nah. We play for first place, we shouldn’t be worried about winning the division.

As long as we take care of business and beat Buffalo at home, we’ll get it. Going to Baltimore would be not be good.

Bills upsetting the Ravens would be a huge break. Plus, I think the Steelers will beat the Bills anyways.

Nah. We play for first place, we shouldn’t be worried about winning the division.

As long as we take care of business and beat Buffalo at home, we’ll get it. Going to Baltimore would be not be good.
So, it comes down to pinning our hopes on winning one game against a tough defense that the team only scored 16 points on like this is some type of given? At this point, I just want to win the damn division and secure a first round bye.

So, it comes down to pinning our hopes on winning one game against a tough defense that the team only scored 16 points on like this is some type of given? At this point, I just want to win the damn division and secure a first round bye.
I’m more worried about winning a game in Baltimore, which would have to be the toughest feat this season if the Patriots win the Super Bowl.

I’m more worried about winning a game in Baltimore, which would have to be the toughest feat this season if the Patriots win the Super Bowl.
Baltimore has come to Foxborough three times in the postseason and played them lights out. It’s not like there’s been a decisive advantage over playing Baltimore at home in January.

If they lose to Buffalo in three weeks, the season would pretty much be over. You’re worried about this year’s team being able to win a game on the road? Try winning three games on the road with no week of rest.

So, I'm looking at the tiebreakers for division play. Tell me if I've missed something:

Let's assume we beat KC for the sake of argument, and Buffalo beats the Ravens. They both win their next games (Steelers for Buf, Bengals for NE), and Buffalo beats us in the game in Foxboro. Then say both teams win their last two games.

That puts both teams at 13-3. Head to head is even (1st tiebreaker). Both have a 5-1 division record (2nd tiebreaker). Third tiebreaker is record in common games. Buffalo will have beaten Baltimore (which we didn't), but two of their losses came against the Eagles and Browns (both teams we beat). So Bills would be 10-2 in common games, and we would be 11-1. So even if Buffalo wins out (including against us), we have to lose another game for them to win the division, correct?

Baltimore has come to Foxborough three times in the postseason and played them lights out. It’s not like there’s been a decisive advantage over playing Baltimore at home in January.

If they lose to Buffalo in three weeks, the season would pretty much be over. You’re worried about this year’s team being able to win a game on the road? Try winning three games on the road with no week of rest.
Well ultimately what’s going to happen is going to happen no matter who we root for.

Condolences on your wives cowboys by the way hah.

Baltimore, cause Baltimore will win either way. Bills have a great defense but Ravens have beaten the top 2 defenses in the league already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes