PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ronaldo

Scouse Patriot

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Has hung them up, the real one, not gay boy.

Now if nobody watched this guy play you missed probably the most powerfull, frightening striker the game has ever seen. I said as much on twitter last night, the two serious injuries he had merely reduced his level to world class, thats how good he was before.

Watch Robsons reaction to the goal

Phenomenal, unstoppable and unplayable.

SAO PAULO -- Ronaldo retired from soccer Monday because his body can no longer meet the demands of the game, ending a magnificent career in which he won two World Cups with Brazil and thrived with some of Europe's top teams.

With tears on his cheeks, the 34-year-old striker announced his decision at a news conference. He played 18 years despite repeated knee trouble and leaves as a three-timer FIFA Player of the Year and the top goal scorer in World Cup history.
Ronaldo said a string of injuries the past two years kept him from performing at a high level with the Brazilian club Corinthians. He also learned four years ago he had hypothyroidism, a condition that made it difficult for him to lose weight and stay in shape.

Ronaldo: Lack of fitness led to retirement after 18 seasons - ESPN

Too bad that his health necessitated the end of his career.

Well I think he didn't help himself at points in his career with a liking for parties (what is it with Brazilian players and partying?) but he's still a player I admired on the field very much.

He has this side to him were you just want to like the lad and couple that with every single ounce of soccer ability god has to give somebody, you've got the megastar he is/was.

I remember teh good old days with him, congrats Ronaldo!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back