PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rome the only non US city to host the Super Bowl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
For Michael Silver (cnnsi.com) Rome is the only 'Non Usa' best city that he would choose to host the 'big game'...

wow...

i know it will never happens but to be mentioned it is allready amazing...

''Colosseum Super Bowl'' ! Sounds good...

Rome is probably the last place I would want to see a Super Bowl. Rudest people on Earth, dirty, dangerous (no meaningful police presence). If the NFL was serious about playing the Super Bowl outside the U.S. there are plenty of places more appropriate.

For Michael Silver (cnnsi.com) Rome is the only 'Non Usa' best city that he would choose to host the 'big game'...

wow...

i know it will never happens but to be mentioned it is allready amazing...

''Colosseum Super Bowl'' ! Sounds good...

Sounds good to me! LOL!!!

Rome is probably the last place I would want to see a Super Bowl. Rudest people on Earth, dirty, dangerous (no meaningful police presence). If the NFL was serious about playing the Super Bowl outside the U.S. there are plenty of places more appropriate.

LOL, come on, it's a great city. Dirty? Dangerous?
Compared to what? Certainly not New Orleans.

The victorious team will be led by Maximus Belichick! In his postgame press conference, Belichick had this to say about his team's victory: "The greatest good is to crush your enemy, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their cheerleaders."

If they ever held a Super Bowl outside the United States it would be a slap in the face to every single fan that has made this league as great as it is.

If they ever held a Super Bowl outside the United States it would be a slap in the face to every single fan that has made this league as great as it is.

I'll second that notion

LOL, come on, it's a great city. Dirty? Dangerous?
Compared to what? Certainly not New Orleans.

Obviously you haven't been to Rome. I was there last month. Last place to visit, never mind play a Super Bowl. Better places would be London, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney.

Overall it would be a bad idea to use the SB for pure marketing and play internationally. Better to keep it in the USA and televise it around the world.

Obviously you haven't been to Rome. I was there last month. Last place to visit, never mind play a Super Bowl. Better places would be London, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney.

Let me tell you... Hong Kong would be worse! In every way.

Overall it would be a bad idea to use the SB for pure marketing and play internationally. Better to keep it in the USA and televise it around the world.

Rome must have really changed since I was there. No one was rude to me, there were lots of police around, and it was as clean as any huge city can be.

i travel a lot for business, expecially all over Europe, and i could mention many 'last place' but i prefere to avoid...

i could debate yr post a lot anyway, believe me

and i do not live in Rome...

i agree 100% that the Super Bowl MUST be playied in US

i'm only for 1 regular season game playied abroad-full stop: not more

Last edited:

You're wrong. I know 10x more about rome than I guy who first went there last month. the Super Bowl has been held in LA, Miami, Detroit, New Orleans, all 3 cities are dirtier and more dangerous than Rome. You sound like you haven't left suburbia in eons.

For Michael Silver (cnnsi.com) ''Colosseum Super Bowl'' ! Sounds good...

If it were the "Colosseum Super Bowl", the Lions would be a cinch to make it . . . which is one more reason it'll never happen.

P.S. If it was in Vatican City, the Saints or Cardinals would be hard to beat!

I think that people need to re-visit the original post, which was based on a hypothetical situation. The chances of it happening are self-evidently non-existent.

I think that any number of world cities have the stadia for an SB.

Quite seriously, they should play the Pro bowl in a different foreign city every year. Foreign fans get a taste, the league gets it's exposure and no one screws up their football season, hopefully.

Unfortunately, the elements come in to play, but they could try southern cities first.

Europe's small enough that fans could get to a game in Italy, southern France, etc.

Last edited:
If it were the "Colosseum Super Bowl", the Lions would be a cinch to make it . . . which is one more reason it'll never happen.

P.S. If it was in Vatican City, the Saints or Cardinals would be hard to beat!

Lions could be favourite at Colosseum Super Bowl - no doubt

You're wrong. I know 10x more about rome than I guy who first went there last month. the Super Bowl has been held in LA, Miami, Detroit, New Orleans, all 3 cities are dirtier and more dangerous than Rome. You sound like you haven't left suburbia in eons.

Einstein .... the point of the discussion was INTERNATIONAL locations not U.S. locations. Don't bring up LA, Miami and the others, they're not relevant to the discussion. And you know 10x more about Rome .... that's impressive. Sounds like you might be the one who wasn't travelled.

As I said before, an international location for the Super Bowl would do more harm than good. Leave it in the good old USA.

I think that people need to re-visit the original post, which was based on a hypothetical situation. The chances of it happening are self-evidently non-existent.

I think that any number of world cities have the stadia for an SB.

you are absolutely right - that was his 'hypothetical situation'

there are zero concrete possibilities, imho, that a Super Bowl will be playied outside Us - and i am happy about it

NFL is a US game

good for the rest of the world that there could be 1 regular season game/year playied outside Usa - that's enough

and, as expected, the London Game will be a success

I guess they could move the Saints to the AFC and it could be Saints against Lions, in the Colisseum...

But if you ask me they need to do it in Jerusalem, where J. Kraft has already built a stadium (although it would entail a slight change to "New England Patriarchs," we could play the Rams again and stay on theme...)

Yeah! How dare any non-Americans like NFL football!!! Woo-hoo!

USA! USA! USA!

:eyeroll:

Last time I checked the NFL Super Bowl was a sport/event the entire world watched and enjoyed. What is wrong with playing the occassional SB outside the US? I think it's a great idea.

It's not like the average NFL fan ever gets to see a Super Bowl anyway, so what's the difference between whether its played in Houston, Miami or London?

It makes great sense for the league and its popularity. Not sure I quite understand your xenophobic stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots