SOURCE:CBS Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bills
Sun
Sep 29th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Blown Opportunity
The train in Foxboro will move on without Anotonio Brown, who is now on his own after what will likely go down as a huge blown opportunity for him.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Rogue One

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,395
    ---
    Yeah, Donnie Yen's character was great.

A couple things different about "Rogue One" that I think helped it significantly: it had a grittier, more serious tone overall and didn't force a romantic relationship into the story line. But I must say I liked pretty much all these characters TONS better than the "Force Awakens" cast and would love to see them again, but they killed 'em all off!

I'll tell you what, I'm not really looking forward to the "Force Awakens" sequel mostly because the actors doing Kylo Ren, Rey and Fin were as lousy as their characters.

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,794
    ---
    He was, and the way it was for me was "hey! It's Donnie Yen, but with the force! They're ****ed"

I liked that they killed them off on the one hand because it fits more smoothly with A New Hope, but it's a shame we won't see more of them. They definitely were pretty great.

I'm with you here. My brother and I were discussing the Kylo Ren and Rey thing, and maybe the only way to save those two characters, insofar as making them interesting. Kylo Ren offered to train her. It'd be kinda cool if Kylo actually was able to lure her to his side and then train her up as a sith, but not necessarily purely on the side of evil. A simpleton like Fin would refuse to leave the good side and fight them. A confused, but ever more powerful Kylo and Rey duo might make things interesting. To what end? I have no idea. Maybe the plot establish in the Force Awakens is beyond saving.

3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,395
    ---
    That's the kind of plot twist that would salvage things for people like me, but probably is too radical for the filmmakers' consideration. I fear it'll be Luke & friends fighting Darth Jr.

I'm not real hopeful about it. I've been to every Star Wars film at the theater but this next one might wait for cable in my case unless the reviews are extra praiseworthy. I mean, what was with that closing scene of Rey handing Luke his light saber standing 20 feet away?

4. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,794
    ---
    The fact that TFA was pretty much a rehashed New Hope suggests you're right. We can hope that maybe the last film will take a few risks. The second one is done filming already, so they weren't able to take in the lessons from Rogue One. We'll see I guess.

Then again, maybe the anthologies are where we'll get the good Star Wars movies. However, I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the Han Solo origin story planned for the next one.

That scene was just dumb. She was standing there, again 20 feet away, holding out a lightsaber for 30-40 seconds. Try that with someone. Hand your wife her coffee by standing on the opposite side of the kitchen, holding it out, silently, with maybe a tear in your eye. She'll think you lost your damned mind.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,387
    ---
    Saw it today and for me it was a tale of 2 movies. First half was boring as hell and the 2nd half was very entertaining. The Vader scene was awesome, wish they had him in it a little more.